• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Can someone pass away of depression & loneliness?

H

Hdon

Im NOT talking self harm or anything violent.
Someone that has major depression and major loneliness for most of his or her life. Someone that has extreme self hatred, no self esteem, no confidence. No goal or reason to move forward.
Is it possible that he or she can just pass away? Cause that is NOT a healthy way to live life day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute.

Im 25. Male. Suffer from bad depression thats been getting worse with time. Its even showing towards people at work. Some of them, even managers have been avoiding me or talking to me less lately. (Good thing its a individual job, i only see them for an hour per day). I just hate myself.. the way i look, my face, hair, body. I hate the way I talk, the way i act in public or around people. I just hate being SEEN by other human eyes.

I cant make a friend. I cant find a girl. I have nothing in common with anyone. I tried everything. Psychologists, medication, the gym, groups, better diet. Nothing has helped.

I just dont see how anyone would a life like this can go on to live a long life? Know what i mean? No this is not self harm. Im not a violent person. Im only curious to hear what people think!

R

RuthlessStruggle

Im NOT talking self harm or anything violent.
Someone that has major depression and major loneliness for most of his or her life. Someone that has extreme self hatred, no self esteem, no confidence. No goal or reason to move forward.
Is it possible that he or she can just pass away? Cause that is NOT a healthy way to live life day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute.

Im 25. Male. Suffer from bad depression thats been getting worse with time. Its even showing towards people at work. Some of them, even managers have been avoiding me or talking to me less lately. (Good thing its a individual job, i only see them for an hour per day). I just hate myself.. the way i look, my face, hair, body. I hate the way I talk, the way i act in public or around people. I just hate being SEEN by other human eyes.

I cant make a friend. I cant find a girl. I have nothing in common with anyone. I tried everything. Psychologists, medication, the gym, groups, better diet. Nothing has helped.

I just dont see how anyone would a life like this can go on to live a long life? Know what i mean? No this is not self harm. Im not a violent person. Im only curious to hear what people think!
Hey man, I can relate to most of the struggles you talk about in this post. I am a 24-year-old man
also dealing with depression. to answer your question the answer it is possible to die of stress, but not depression so to speak unless it's suicide. anyhow you listed a bunch of things people like to do but what you haven't said in your post is what YOU WANT Have you tried to get what you want and if you don't mind me asking what is it that you want. Because in order to be happy you have pursue what you really care about not what your friend thinks you should be doing about your diet or gym routines. I can't speak about the whole girlfriend thing because dating is tough for some people including me have never gotten the chance. but anyone can make friends even sex offenders in jail have them. you just have to try for real and find someone with common interests or values

M

ManDss

Not sure if someone could have a stroke due stress or a heart attack, maybe yes, but Im not sure. That would be the only cause I guess.

I just hate myself.. the way i look, my face, hair, body. I hate the way I talk, the way i act in public or around people. I just hate being SEEN by other human eyes.

So sorry to hear, I also know how is to live like an outcast and an outsider, and Its a pure hell in life.

H

Hdon

Hey man, I can relate to most of the struggles you talk about in this post. I am a 24-year-old man
also dealing with depression. to answer your question the answer it is possible to die of stress, but not depression so to speak unless it's suicide. anyhow you listed a bunch of things people like to do but what you haven't said in your post is what YOU WANT Have you tried to get what you want and if you don't mind me asking what is it that you want. Because in order to be happy you have pursue what you really care about not what your friend thinks you should be doing about your diet or gym routines. I can't speak about the whole girlfriend thing because dating is tough for some people including me have never gotten the chance. but anyone can make friends even sex offenders in jail have them. you just have to try for real and find someone with common interests or values
Thanks for your answer!
was wondering if depression and loneliness could contribute to heart issues or major mental trauma or brain damage.

Good to hear im not alone.
What do i want? I want this whole massive depression/loneliness/socially awkward/negative minded crap to disappear. Thats what i want. I want to be a normal happy person. Its hard when you hate yourself so much for every single reason. Wake up in the morning and already looking forward to bedtime at night.

Dating helps mentally, i know. But i havent been with a girl in so long man. I know theyre not into me. You can always feel it if they are. I struggled with women throughout the easy days (17-22). How am i gonna be successful at this age? I dont believe in “late bloomer”.. if you have it.. you have it! If you dont.. you dont! Im not even gonna waste my time talking about online dating.. That contributes to the depression and low self esteem.

I have nothing to do. No one to see. Nothing to look forward to. I really cant describe in words

H

Hdon

Not sure if someone could have a stroke due stress or a heart attack, maybe yes, but Im not sure. That would be the only cause I guess.

So sorry to hear, I also know how is to live like an outcast and an outsider, and Its a pure hell in life.
Got it. Thanks. Was wondering if severe depression and loneliness can lead to heart failure or mid/long term brain damage.
Been an outcast since high school. I believe i tried everything i could possible do socially, mentally, physically.
No light at the end of the tunnel

M

ManDss

Got it. Thanks. Was wondering if severe depression and loneliness can lead to heart failure or mid/long term brain damage.
Been an outcast since high school. I believe i tried everything i could possible do socially, mentally, physically.
No light at the end of the tunnel
So sorry you feeling like that, loneliness also affects me a lot, not just a little, loneliness takes away all the joy of my life, makes it pointless.

Bod

Bod

I am sorry you are feeling so low, depression and loneliness is very hard to cope with and can be so draining to us, the one main thing that is very dangerous is Stress as it could bring on a bad heart attack so we have to really keep a eye on that one.

24thMAU

24thMAU

Yes, it is called "failure to thrive." When you absolutely have nothing to live for, people often, usually older persons, end up dying very quickly. They stop eating, drinking, and mentally/physically just give up on life.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Yes, it is called "failure to thrive." When you absolutely have nothing to live for, people often, usually older persons, end up dying very quickly. They stop eating, drinking, and mentally/physically just give up on life.
I looked up the definition of "failure to thrive," because I heard that term before, but I forgot what it means exactly. It appears that it applies only to children, but it would seem like it could also be a good description of what some older persons may experience.