• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Can someone help me right this delusion?

T

Tvgirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Everytime I think I have it all figured out about me experiencing a delusion, so many things happen that shows me it's real. What should I do?

ht46

ht46

You need new or increased meds, prn and cognitive therapy I think, your system is failing you is what I get the impression of, in my country I have had support from a case manager and psychiatrist for the most of the last 10 years as well as community service workers , recently a psychologist and now a drug and alcohol support person if you're an out patient you should be supported.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Everytime I think I have it all figured out about me experiencing a delusion, so many things happen that shows me it's real. What should I do?
check out the movie: the number 23 2007

everywhere he looks is the number 23 lol

whatever is in our mind is what we will see all around us

soul searching

soul searching

You are still connecting "things that happen" to yourself. These things are not about you. You might see a similarity but that is all. You know, it might help if you posted some of these "things that are happening" right here. We could tell you where your reasoning has gone wrong. I think that could actually help. ❤

J

jackychen

You need new or increased meds, prn and cognitive therapy I think, your system is failing you is what I get the impression of, in my country I have had support from a case manager and psychiatrist for the most of the last 10 years as well as community service workers , recently a psychologist and now a drug and alcohol support person if you're an out patient you should be supported.

she would replied :” i got a nurse practioner and i am on 10mg of olanzapine 👍🏻“ and then continue looping her delusions and continue to play with it.

L

Lab rat

Try writing down your thoughts and feelings and keep reading them over, every day. That way when you’re well, you can see how bad you get.

jajingna

jajingna

I think you have some awareness tvgirl, you are challenging these ideas, so that's good. I've seen firsthand how powerful delusionary thoughts can be as my mother had them and I'm not sure she ever broke free from her paranoia. The meds only did so much, not sure what really, as she was still quite ill in her last years but there were good days too I guess and she was able to go to shops a couple times a week. It's a hard illness for sure.

Passionflower

Passionflower

Can you give us examples of what these delusions are?. What does the tv say for instance?. You never give details.

Jam1990

Jam1990

Hey TVgirl. So sorry to hear that this delusion is still weighing you down so much. It must be so hard to deal with.
I agree with what some others have said about increasing meds and increasing therapy if you aren’t already. I hope you find some peace. We all care about you a lot.

Hang in there! You’re going to be just fine. Healing sometimes takes so much time but you’re doing the right thing by expressing yourself on here.

T

Tvgirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Can you give us examples of what these delusions are?. What does the tv say for instance?. You never give details.
Whenever I go out in public people are talking about me and taunting to me. They watch my life through hidden cameras and then comment on it. The tv comment as well.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Whenever I go out in public people are talking about me and taunting to me. They watch my life through hidden cameras and then comment on it. The tv comment as well.
Do you speak honestly with your psychiatric nurse about your symptoms as you do here in the forums? If you do what does she say?

P

Pollypop

As passionflower said,
You never give details.

You still haven’t.
You are still using the same words :-
talking
taunting
comments on you.

What exactly is said?
What do you see.?
What do you hear.

T

Tvgirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
As passionflower said,
You never give details.

You still haven’t.
You are still using the same words :-
talking
taunting
comments on you.

What exactly is said?
What do you see.?
What do you hear.
I just took my son to his doctor's appointment and one nurse called me a villain. And they were muttering other things about me under their breath.