Can schizophrenia be caused by emotional trauma

Linda1989

Linda1989

I remember when I was in the 5th grade being bully in school everyday my grade were failing my parents were neglecting me, I had no one to lean on, it was very stressful to the point my hair was falling out every year. when I was 17 years old i quite school I was free from stress the best I ever felt in a long time then I start hearing voices outside my head seeing shadows, being scared in public, so my mom took me to mental hospital they diagnose me with schizophrena. Now I'm 26 years old and want my life back trying to start over with growing my hair long, losing my weight from the medication going to college. mental sickness and fear is holding me back. I 'm just so scared of being rejected. My child hood cause this

calypso

calypso

Admin
As Amathus has pointed out, nearly all the posts that were in this thread were really off topic and not listening or supporting this poster, so they have been deleted. Please use your own thread if you want a discussion and not hijack another person's thread like this.

Linda, I sincerely hope people come on and support you as you need to be. xxx

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
As Amathus has pointed out, nearly all the posts that were in this thread were really off topic and not listening or supporting this poster, so they have been deleted. Please use your own thread if you want a discussion and not hijack another person's thread like this.

Linda, I sincerely hope people come on and support you as you need to be. xxx
The posts that i made/discussion i thought was relevant to the OP/question about schizophrenia being emotional/psychological/sociological, instead of a genetic brain disease.

BillFish

BillFish

The posts that i made/discussion i thought was relevant to the OP/question about schizophrenia being emotional/psychological/sociological, instead of a genetic brain disease.
Back on topic

Trauma and the minds response to it is entirely subjective cpu. Take siblings for example, my brother was in a battle where his helicopter crash landed into a Taliban position, and they were immediately ambushed, and the door of the chinook helicopter was jammed and 20 paratroopers had to climb through the gap under fire. In the engagement an SBS officer was killed next to my brother. They were losing the firefight, my brother ran forward on his own, and took out several positions by himself and killed several men face to face, had to use his bayonet.

The man is completely unperturbed by it, and is in fact thriving on it and is currently in the middle East earning 8 grand a month as a mercenary.

Take 911 for example, there will be a guy sat in an office on the 200th floor now as we speak, completely unfazed by what he went through in 911, living a happy productive life, albeit I’ll concede he’s probably got a base jumping parachute tucked under his desk.

But there will be people that experienced 911 that will be absolute bag ladies, stuttering wrecks, anxiety ridden people that will never enter a sky scraper ever again in their lives, that are now mentally ill, with ptsd and depression etc.

We know schizophrenia is often hereditary, which points to the genetic link, and we clearly know extreme stress and trauma is a major factor in several types of mental illness, from anxiety to ptsd.
Therefore it would be prudent for a person with a history of schizophrenia/ptsd/mental illness to attempt to remove the obvious major contributing factor from the lives of his/her offspring. It’s a no brainer.

E

eulogy4anange1

Some people can fix these problems by food they eat, and routine... just solid don't change but eat, and sleep right routine... and B Vitamins, etc or test Cortisol levels... I'm not doctor but I know because I have been managing something doctors told me I couldn't.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
We know schizophrenia is often hereditary, which points to the genetic link, and we clearly know extreme stress and trauma is a major factor in several types of mental illness, from anxiety to ptsd.
Therefore it would be prudent for a person with a history of schizophrenia/ptsd/mental illness to attempt to remove the obvious major contributing factor from the lives of his/her offspring. It’s a no brainer.
We don't know aetiology/causes - We don't know how much is a myriad of environmental/sociological factors, how much psychogenic - Nor indeed how much is any of the myriad of potential transpersonal/spiritual factors.

Indeed how do we separate out psychology/environment from biology? Which is what you appear to be saying as well. i'd wager that there can be a purely psychogenic & environmental/traumagenic cause.

BillFish

BillFish

We don't know aetiology/causes - We don't know how much is a myriad of environmental/sociological factors, how much psychogenic - Nor indeed how much is any of the myriad of potential transpersonal/spiritual factors.

Indeed how do we separate out psychology/environment from biology? Which is what you appear to be saying as well. i'd wager that there can be a purely psychogenic & environmental/traumagenic cause.
Well what do I think I know?

From a study on schizophrenia.com 12 years ago, I know immigrants particularly in poverty stricken areas have a higher incidences of mental illness, including schizophrenia, pointing to environmental factors.

I know from a recent study of 67 thousand schizophrenics, that suspect genes and similar profiles have ben identified.

I also know that not everybody with the suspect gene profile becomes mentally ill.

So I conclude from that, that there must be a catalyst, another factor. Is it congenital? Toxins in our environment? Environmental stress, or is there a chaotic random factor, in those people with the suspect gene profile, do genes trigger randomly in some people?

On a side note, I think it would be useful to do an in depth study in 911 victims and witnesses. Complete with DNA testing, and medical records. To identity just how many people are now mentally ill. And how many people amongst those that have the identified suspect gene profile. How many have had therapy and recovered etc.

Just pointing out I'm stressing the small cluster of working brain cells that I have left, to the max with this post, need a smoke.:meanie: