• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Can ppl hear my thoughts?

R

Rose golden

Like can people hear what I'm thinking? Without verbally saying it out loud?

R

Rose golden

Is it normal to be able to hear ppl thought s or is it something special? Please honest answer s only!

D

Deleted member 93850

There's threads in the forums on hearing voices. I do not hear ppl thoughts but there's members that do.

jajingna

jajingna

When I was really ill I thought maybe people knew my thoughts somehow. But I never knew theirs, which seemed unfair.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

no i don't think they can x it is your illness making you feel that way
does your doctor know about this? sending all my love x Lu x

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
These are very specific questions, may I ask what you've experienced that would make you ask them? I bet there's a very interesting story behind it all.

I believed I was a mind reader or psychic during what doctors called my psychosis, I told a family member what she was thinking four times in a row, I got her to think of a shape and all four times I told her which one she was thinking of, it freaked her out a little or we would have continued. It wasn't like I heard her voice in my mind, it was just an impulse I had to say a particular shape and it turned out to be right.

Also on a ward for acute mental disorders I met people that seemed to know what I was thinking, one man who was sat all on his own in a corridor laughed as I was walking past whilst thinking something people may have found amusing, another man seemed to guess how much money I had on me, he asked to borrow £50 from me but I thought to myself that I only had £15 so he next asked me to lend him £15. And I met a man and a woman that seemed to be able to communicate to each other without saying a word out loud. The woman kept looking at me in a strange way as if trying to figure out if I could hear her thoughts too but I couldn't.

R

Rose golden

Yes agreed it dose seem unfair
Yes I agree it's unfair

R

Rose golden

These are very specific questions, may I ask what you've experienced that would make you ask them? I bet there's a very interesting story behind it all.

I believed I was a mind reader or psychic during what doctors called my psychosis, I told a family member what she was thinking four times in a row, I got her to think of a shape and all four times I told her which one she was thinking of, it freaked her out a little or we would have continued. It wasn't like I heard her voice in my mind, it was just an impulse I had to say a particular shape and it turned out to be right.

Also on a ward for acute mental disorders I met people that seemed to know what I was thinking, one man who was sat all on his own in a corridor laughed as I was walking past whilst thinking something people may have found amusing, another man seemed to guess how much money I had on me, he asked to borrow £50 from me but I thought to myself that I only had £15 so he next asked me to lend him £15. And I met a man and a woman that seemed to be able to communicate to each other without saying a word out loud. The woman kept looking at me in a strange way as if trying to figure out if I could hear her thoughts too but I couldn't.
It seems to be an overwhelming feeling I get. Or sometimes it's something I'll think about and then someone will ask that exact same thing. As if they knew I was thinking it. Sometimes more like they are discussing something just better them and I'm out of the loop. I feel left out. I feel as though this is ability majority of ppl have besides me😔 I'm to the point where I don't want to go places and dose this sound like I'm just being parnoind? Is this an ability I can learn to have?

R

Rose golden

It seems to be an overwhelming feeling I get. Or sometimes it's something I'll think about and then someone will ask that exact same thing. As if they knew I was thinking it. Sometimes more like they are discussing something just better them and I'm out of the loop. I feel left out. I feel as though this is ability majority of ppl have besides me😔 I'm to the point where I don't want to go places and dose this sound like I'm just being parnoind? Is this an ability I can learn to have?
Do majority of ppl have this ability ? And so they use it. ?

R

Rose golden

no i don't think they can x it is your illness making you feel that way
does your doctor know about this? sending all my love x Lu x
Thanks for your honesty.And love.i I much rather just be parnoind and wrong than this be true. But I wanted to know either way.

jajingna

jajingna

Do majority of ppl have this ability ? And so they use it. ?
Do you mean the ability to read other people's thoughts? No, nobody has that ability. People live in their own thoughts. When I was drastically ill no one in my family knew though we lived in the same house. Mental health workers didn't know, except from what I told them. Strangers around town, none of them knew. And I didn't know what anybody else was experiencing either, only what I could see and hear. That's all we have to go on really, the rest is just guessing.

R

Rose golden

I'm actually relieved. I'd rather just be parnoind than to actually have ppl be able to read my thoughts but not be able to read theirs. Although I do believe it maybe possible I think it's rare? Very rare maybe one or two ppl out of one thousand. I'm okay with that just as long as majority of the world dose not.