Can PIP Assesments be done at our own Homes?

D

Dottyone

Sorry cant find the Benefits Section ??

I was wondering can a PIP Asessement be carried out in our Own Homes ?

Like Atos do for people who cant get out due to their conditions.

I read they can are doing them in Hospitals as well ?

mami5

mami5

Hi teddy, I had my PIP assessment at home, that was in February this year. Told them I was to anxious to get out so they did a home visit. Good luck.

D

Dottyone

Hi teddy, I had my PIP assessment at home, that was in February this year. Told them I was to anxious to get out so they did a home visit. Good luck.
aww thankyou Mami thats a big Relief, :faint:

hope it went ok for you xx

mami5

mami5

Yes thank you teddy. I managed to get the highest rate living allowance.

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Sorry cant find the Benefits Section ??

I was wondering can a PIP Asessement be carried out in our Own Homes ?

Like Atos do for people who cant get out due to their conditions.

I read they can are doing them in Hospitals as well ?
Yes my friend had hers at home too.

Dont know what I going to do when they call me for mine. Hate going to places but very anxious when people come to my house too

D

Dottyone

Yes thank you teddy. I managed to get the highest rate living allowance.
:) aww am glad you got what you needed:hug:

I am on indefinate DlA, I think I have to apply for PIP at the end of 2015 I am not sure when though,, its a huge worry. :sorry:

mami5

mami5

I wasn't on DLA at all, this was my first claim and I got it. Got someone from CAB to fill in the forms for me with the help of my then OT. Highly recommend you get some help. Shows you can't do it for yourself.

D

Dottyone

I wasn't on DLA at all, this was my first claim and I got it. Got someone from CAB to fill in the forms for me with the help of my then OT. Highly recommend you get some help. Shows you can't do it for yourself.
Thanks Mami5, I will ask my Social Worker and get some a support letter hopfully, the last assesment nearly pushed me over the edge, the build up is unreal. :sorry:

mami5

mami5

It is a good idea to get a support letter, I had one from my OT too. You could also ask your SW to attend the assessment with you if you wanted. I was on my own for mine. A nervous wreck.

Good luck to you with it. Anything else you want to know, just ask. :hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

:) aww am glad you got what you needed:hug:

I am on indefinate DlA, I think I have to apply for PIP at the end of 2015 I am not sure when though,, its a huge worry. :sorry:
I'm on indefinite DLA too, and I was told I wouldn't be contacted until at least 2017... but then again, I know that they are rolling things out earlier in different parts of the UK.

Have you not been contacted to apply for PIP yet? I know it's all a huge worry, especially when you need it to survive, but until you get the letter telling you it's time then try not to think about it too much.
The stress won't do you any good, and it won't achieve much either - other than driving you around the bend. And we don't want that. :hug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Personality Disorders Forum 2