• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Can people with paranoid personality disorder be dangerous?

E

Elisante

First what does that first one mean? You are never wrong? So therefore shes trying to kill you?

The second one you admitted may have been a mistake.

Finally it may have been inappropriate to say to coworkers it doesnt have anything to do with murder. She isnt saying she murdered her daughter shes saying If she could go back in time she would have saved her from her childhood because she feels guilty.

I think you should speak to a mental health professional to work out these fears and if your honestly concerned and she does something worthy of being concerned speak to a manager or human resources.
I said I HAVE been proven wrong before! Instead of misunderstanding my words you could just try to understand.

In NO way was she right about her daughter. If murder is so easy to her then of course I'm scared!

Please if you're looking fir a fight don't bother replying.

E

Elisante

First what does that first one mean? You are never wrong? So therefore shes trying to kill you?

The second one you admitted may have been a mistake.

Finally it may have been inappropriate to say to coworkers it doesnt have anything to do with murder. She isnt saying she murdered her daughter shes saying If she could go back in time she would have saved her from her childhood because she feels guilty.

I think you should speak to a mental health professional to work out these fears and if your honestly concerned and she does something worthy of being concerned speak to a manager or human resources.
Please don't take offense to my previous reply, I think I might have misunderstood your post and now I can't delete it.

LittleMissNameless

LittleMissNameless

Please don't take offense to my previous reply, I think I might have misunderstood your post and now I can't delete it.
It's ok.

I think this is clearly bothering you. You need to work it out with someone who is trained as opposed to strangers on the internet.

J

JasonS

She probably feels bad for shouting at you and now she’s just trying to be nice. She’s not gonna poison the water because then she will poison everyone. She’s not gonna risk all that just to get to you

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WhySoSerious

Because her job is to be on the kitchen, therefore poisoning is more likely. Sometimes I do think that my suspicions are stupid (it's not that I've never been proven wrong about my suspicions for someone) Specific examples? Well one time she almost served bread from the trash, I don't think she did it on purpose, but who does that? She also told us that she should have killed her daughter when she was a baby because she didn't have a very good childhood. That doesn't have to do with poisoning, but it does have to do with murder.
Oh gosh. You know the amount of people that have thoughts that they could kill someone? Millions! But there is a huge jump between saying "I could/should have killed someone" and actually being a violent person. We all have stupid thoughts that come to mind but 99.9% never act on them.

I think you are attributing malice to stupid-ness. Many people do stupid stuff like serving dodgy food but again that doesn't attribute intention.

Where do you get the idea that she is even likely to harm anyone? it sound like you have made massive assumptions here with little or no evidence.

Keesha

Keesha

It sounds like a huge jump to assume someone may poison or contaminate another person's food! Where is your evidence that she may be at risk of that? It sounds like you may be more paranoid than she is... without sounding mean.

In terms of understanding behaviour we need to link it to the function of it. Always focus on what she is getting from the behaviour - whether that is getting a need met or avoiding something (people get aggressive to avoid the discomfort of difficult conversations for example, they get angry and aggressive > you step away in retreat > their discomfort decreases).
My thoughts exactly. It’s a huge assumption.

E

Elisante

Oh gosh. You know the amount of people that have thoughts that they could kill someone? Millions! But there is a huge jump between saying "I could/should have killed someone" and actually being a violent person. We all have stupid thoughts that come to mind but 99.9% never act on them.

I think you are attributing malice to stupid-ness. Many people do stupid stuff like serving dodgy food but again that doesn't attribute intention.

Where do you get the idea that she is even likely to harm anyone? it sound like you have made massive assumptions here with little or no evidence.
It's not exactly an assumption. You are acting as if I reported her to the police and I should feel bad about it. I'm just scared and I wanted to hear people's opinions on whether or not my fears could come true. The fact that I don't have definite proof is exactly the reason why I don't take any action.

lyesander

lyesander

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It honestly just sounds like she feels bad about the argument, and is trying to make it up to you. Bring a water bottle from home if that makes you feel better, but she seems harmless.

A

aethelgar

I'm sorry if this offends anyone with paranoid personality disorder. There is a woman that I have to come in contact with sometimes (not in a daily basis fortunately), at my part time job. This woman has been diagnosed with paranoid personality disorder and she is constantly acting very weird. Sometimes she is very sweet and sometimes very stubborn and agressive. Her behaviour kind of reminds me of Gollum from LOTR. So we got into an argument over something I won't mention and it got pretty heated, with both of us shouting in front of everyone, until someone called me and I stormed off. Now I'm afraid I'm in danger. I fear the she will poison the bottles of water we use here. Every time I drink water I think I'm taking a huge risk and I prepare myself to drop dead. I could take my own bottle from home but then she would be able to poison me, without poisoning everyone. Could she do something like that? Or I'm just overthinking it? I know it sounds weird but she used to hate me, and now she is very nice to me. Isn't it suspicious?
Her behaviour doesn't seem paranoid IMO.

E

Elisante

Her behaviour doesn't seem paranoid IMO.
Her diagnosis is ppd. I don't really know how paranoid people act to be honest. Does her behaviour seems normal to you?

A

aethelgar

Her diagnosis is ppd. I don't really know how paranoid people act to be honest. Does her behaviour seems normal to you?
It just seems you're jumping to conclusions and assumptions. Whilst she may have a condition, it doesn't mean that's causing her bad behaviour.

LittleMissNameless

LittleMissNameless

Your behavior is concerning. It's clear this is bothering you.
You should talk to someone. Its abnormal to jump to the conclusion someone is trying/ might poison you because they're being nice to you unexpectedly. No matter what their diagnosis is or isn't.

E

Elisante

Your behavior is concerning. It's clear this is bothering you.
You should talk to someone. Its abnormal to jump to the conclusion someone is trying/ might poison you because they're being nice to you unexpectedly. No matter what their diagnosis is or isn't.
Yeah, I can understand that. I will. I'm just replying to people according to their replies. That doesn't mean I am insisting on being correct.

Memememememememe

Memememememememe

Well I've been diagnosed with it and I'm not dangerous, I'm just paranoid.