• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Can panic last hours?

R

RiffRaff

I had a panic attack at 7pm tinight after taking my kids to their school open house and I have been having them since.

The antidepressant has settled the emotional response but im still having all of the physical symptoms.

I apologize for so many posts. I just realized I blew up the forum.

ColdandAlone

ColdandAlone

I had a panic attack at 7pm tinight after taking my kids to their school open house and I have been having them since.

The antidepressant has settled the emotional response but im still having all of the physical symptoms.

I apologize for so many posts. I just realized I blew up the forum.

Hi RiffRaff,
You have no need to apologise, it helps just to write sometimes, and if that's what you need to help calm down then go for it, I doubt anyone will be offended, in fact many will understand. Wish I could help with the panic attacks, but I have no experience sorry. Hope you are feeling a lot calmer now, and it has eased up. Sending Hugs XxX

bpd2020

bpd2020

I am so sorry you had such a horrible panic attack. Coldandalone is right, you never need to worry about posting on here.

R

RiffRaff

I am so sorry you had such a horrible panic attack. Coldandalone is right, you never need to worry about posting on here.
Thanks. Im. Thinking zoloft might not be for me unfortunately. Threw up a lot and my digestive system was on fire. I'm thinking low serotonin is not my problem.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Oh that is a horrible reaction. Have you told your doctor?

R

RiffRaff

Oh that is a horrible reaction. Have you told your doctor?
I see her on the 1st but I just realized that I forgot to eat yesterday and I have hypoglycemia. Maybe that's why I was having such a horrible night.

bpd2020

bpd2020

That could explain it. I hope you can remember to eat so it does not happen again. Maybe writing a note to remind you could help.

R

RTLP

A year ago, had some issues with changing my SSRIs and in the prosses I had the worst panic attacks ever. They lasted for hours and hours and furthermore the time was passing extremely slow. The GPs without having specialization in psychiatry were recommending me not to take benzos. Luckily, I contacted a psychiatrist and he told me to take benzos. I only had to take them for 2 days.