• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Can one still become ILL on depot meds?

porkpie

porkpie

Sorry for the not writing anything I don't have much to say.

Unique1

Unique1

Unique1.......... Thank you for the hug.
Your most welcome. Sorry I didn't know the answer to your question. And I know what it's like when you feel like you don't have much to say..

Big hugs to you.
Hope someone comes along soon who knows the answer to your question x

C

Christobel

I found depot meds didn't exactly make me ill they just didn't seem to make me any better. Are you having problems with yours, pork pie?

porkpie

porkpie

I found depot meds didn't exactly make me ill they just didn't seem to make me any better. Are you having problems with yours, pork pie?
Unique1 and Christobel!

I think I am having problems. My computer mouse is communicating with my brain, stops then starts with thought commands. I have to shout to start it working. I AM NOT ILL! I'm on depot Abilify. They want this to happen by playing with my mouse. Seeing pdoc in early june.

fazza

fazza

I am on haloperidol depot and yes you can still become ill. I have breakthrough symptoms that warrant a increase in dose but I would rarther have the depot than tablets as sometimes my voices tell me that tablets are poison and that i should not take them. With the depot its one dose every two weeks and once it is in your system it is not going to come out so hopefully should cover you for the next couple of weeks

porkpie

porkpie

The more I say, sorry! my computer mouse hears.....I have to be careful because it stops working

fazza

fazza

The mouse is not connected to your brain it is your illness that is causing you to think like this. Have you taken your medication as i think you need a med tweek

porkpie

porkpie

I cant ring the crisis team..... They will ring the police and forcibly take me to hospital.

Who can I ring?

fazza

fazza

If you think that you cannot cope you really need to ring the crisis team otherwise you will only get worse. Have you taken your medication today.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i've been through some heavy situations and i've always told myself if i become ill the amount i'm on is enough to treat me and keep me going but who knows the anxiety is bad at the moment

Incidentally a part of me says if i become ill and get adnitted it'd help my case with the benefit system and care and what have i got to lose

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

I found much the same. I was on Piportil (pipothiazine palmitate) for a while. The GP said I was one the first people in the country to go on it, cos it was a new drug back then. I was on oral anti-psychotics too. My problems carried on just the same.

I was on a heavy dose, cos I had to have not one, but two injections, once in each buttock. I put on loads of weight, so quickly that I got stretch marks like a pregnant woman. A GP came out to see me cos we were worried about the marks, and he said they were stretch marks due to weight gain.

A nurse at the depot clinic said You've scratched yourself badly here. I said, No, they're stretch marks, the GP has been out to them :)