• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

can never catch a break

A

act044

I caught the flu from my son so threw up all Thursday night and Fri morning. Sat I woke up and my throat was so swollen it felt as if I was swallowing a gulf ball. Mon it didn't hurt that much but I couldn't breath. My chest was in pain and I ran out of breath quite quickly. Yesterday and today it has gotten much worse. My whole body is achy and it's hard to breath. The cold wind makes it worse. I finally went to the dr today. I found out I had the flu which turned into strep throat then into pneumonia. The dr said my immune system is weak from all my meds then to add in the flu it was that much easier to get even sicker. I feel horrible. All I want to do is sleep and I feel some depression coming on. This week is definitely not the greatest. :(

L

lovagemuffin

its horrible isn't it makes you feel like shite get plenty of paracetamol and vitamin C and some sweets to cheer yourself up hope you feel better soon.

A

act044

My hubby asked me if I fake my illnesses. I don't understand why because I have Dr backing. I've also explained to him the depression gets so bad it's physically draining as well. That question really hurt. That question made me feel untrusted and uncared about. I am so sick right now but have no support. I'm still running the household even though it's difficult to get up and about. He's being absolutely no help. All I want to do is sleep. I can't breath. When I try he gets upset saying I never do anything and saying I'm boring. In the morning I have to get up with my son while he sleeps til noon. I need help . I'm not feeling well at all but have no support or help. He expects me to wait on him while he's sick but I can't be sick or have help..

F

fair&square75

Hi act,sorry you are going through this,its bad enough getting through the day with a family let alone when ur physically and mentally poorly :/ have you any family who could help you? I hope you can get some rest soon...i can't sleep when I'm ill and I go all to pot,sending u a hug x

L

lovagemuffin

hi act he doesn't sound very supportive if I were you id ask him to go to marriage councelling worked wonders for my sister and her husband. I really think he should support you more :(

A

act044

Omg things just aren't getting better. My son fell of the couch the other day and split his head open on the coffee table. We spent the day at the hospital. Now.. last night he was up all night with a fever and crying. This morning his cough is horrible. He sounds like a dying seal/ walrus or something and he's wheezing really bad. We are going to spend another day at the hospital it looks like or at least a walk in clinic. I am so exhausted. Being sick with three different illnesses along with my son's two illnesses and head mishap are wearing on me. We can't catch a break. These illnesses won't end and it's exhausting. I haven't been able to sleep this last week with all this going on. My hubby thinks my son is faking it too now. We had an argument over it. I got mad. You can't fake a cough and wheeze like that . You also can't fake a fever. It really bothers me. I'm alone in this. No help at all. When he's sick he expects people to wait on him but nobody else can be sick. He's not empathetic or sympathetic . He is getting annoyed with us and let me know. I don't know how I feel about this. Everything is wonderful when everyone is healthy and happy but when someone is sick or I'm depressed he doesn't want to stick around. He gets really irritated when something is going on. I don't feel him abiding " in sickness and health, for rich or poor, til death do us part". I feel he just wants to be here for the good then ditch off for the bad. I ask for a little help like taking my son to school while I'm pretty much dying from sickness but nope he's " not his biological father .. it's not his job" .We are in this together so I don't see why that would matter. I feel so alone. Also being sick I didn't do my makeup or anything and he made a comment on my appearance . I apologized for being to sick to care which I don't think I should have to. He keeps saying my son is a shut in and we don't ever go outside. WE ARE SICK!!! I don't feel like going outside or being productive. I feel very unsupported. I feel as if he doesn't care about us. I feel so alone... I don't want to leave him though because it would hurt my son as well. He calls him dad so they're really close. My son loves him and is ecstatic that he has a father now. He is really good with him. I am in a position and don't know what to do. I'm hurting.

L

lovagemuffin

:hug1:sorry things are so shite right now everything worse with a cold. tcxxxx:loveshower: