• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Can infertility cause anxiety?

B

batranitin

Infertility is a condition in which a person is not capable of conceive a child. Both the partners should be fertile in order to conceive. If one or both partners are having certain health issues due to infertility, it further leads to Anxiety and Depression.

Studies have found that due to the infertility, couples can suffer from anxierty and emotional distress. When fertility treatments fail, the anxiety and depression can increase in the couples. Inspite of harming mental health the infertility problem can further lead to depression and the problem in relationships, divorce or violence.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Are you talking from personal experience?

Infertility, there are so many different reasons why a couple cannot get pregnant. Sometimes, people try for 10 years and then suddenly fall pregnant.

A

Anxietyhell

I can speak from much personal experience on this subject.... I don't think it requires any so called " expert" or " study" to tell me how it affected me, my life and marriage etc.. And how it has continued to affect me in ways and always will

SoftRain

SoftRain

At first I didnt want kids, then I wanted them. We could not get pregnant on our own and I had anxiety and depression for years because of it. eventually we took steps and were able to have 2 babies. Waiting was a terrible time for me.

A

Anxietyhell

Glad it worked for you SR... My journey did not end so well, despite treatments....Children of course can be hard work, and things are not always perfect.. But I think most people like to think they have a choice when it comes to having children.. If we have no choice due to our bodies not allowing it, or making it possible - then it can be a bitter pill to swallow..

SoftRain

SoftRain

Glad it worked for you SR... My journey did not end so well, despite treatments....Children of course can be hard work, and things are not always perfect.. But I think most people like to think they have a choice when it comes to having children.. If we have no choice due to our bodies not allowing it, or making it possible - then it can be a bitter pill to swallow..
I am so sorry. I know when we want babies the urge is beyond strong. hugs to you.

A

Anxietyhell

Thank you SR.. I am glad you got to have your babies, you come across on here as such a nice person...I imagine you are a great mum and have lovely children

SoftRain

SoftRain

Thank you SR.. I am glad you got to have your babies, you come across on here as such a nice person...I imagine you are a great mum and have lovely children
I love them dearly but they are more work then I could ever imagine!!! they are teenagers now and one is lovely and the other keeps me worried all the time. There is good and bad to it all.
Thank you, I try to be a nice person.

A

Anxietyhell

I can imagine them being " hard work" I was never under the illusion that having children would all be milk and honey... I think there are possibly many people that have children and sometimes wish they had not... I often think now what would I have been like as a mum and would I have coped?.. I sometimes think maybe it was better I didnt have them, but then there is still always the part of me that wonders.... I still sometimes even wonder what it would have felt like to be pregnant, and give birth etc... Its all swings and roundabouts isn't it..

SoftRain

SoftRain

I can imagine them being " hard work" I was never under the illusion that having children would all be milk and honey... I think there are possibly many people that have children and sometimes wish they had not... I often think now what would I have been like as a mum and would I have coped?.. I sometimes think maybe it was better I didnt have them, but then there is still always the part of me that wonders.... I still sometimes even wonder what it would have felt like to be pregnant, and give birth etc... Its all swings and roundabouts isn't it..
I cant imagine life without them. And some would not admit it but I have wished a few times I had not had children. My ability to cope was very low. If it wasnt for my husband I many times felt like I never would have been able to cope as a single mom for sure.