Can increasing escitalopram and stopping Parkin cause drowsiness?

Skynet

Skynet

Until last week, I was taking 15 mg escitalopram and 4 mg Parkin (Artane/Pacitane) per day, and I was feeling energetic and able to study. Last week, my psychiatrist increased my escitalopram to 20 mg and also abruptly stopped my Parkin that I'd been taking for a month. Ever since, I've been so drowsy that I've been barely able to get out of bed. Does anyone know how long this is supposed to last? Is it due to increasing the escitalopram or stopping the Parkin?

V

ValGal

Hi! I am guessing your drowsiness is from the escitalopram. I was on it for maybe a month, it made me so drowsy and weak I felt like a noodle. I am very sensitive to medications even on the lowest dose but this one was by far the worst I had tried. I couldn't work I felt so awful and nauseous and anxious it led me to quit my job because my psychiatrist told me I'd feel good after a month but I worked myself into a frenzy I think.
So if you are able to handle the drowsiness for 1-4 weeks they may subside and you may feel much better. Light exercise in the morning might help wake you up a bit. But listen to your body, if it's too much tell your dr. about it. I hope you feel better :)

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

When I started taking Escitalopram, the tiredness and fatigue lasted for 2 months. Each person is different though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Skynet Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9