• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Can I speak with someone having like experiences? Not just on line conversations.

J

jillhears

Can I speak with someone having like experiences? Not just on line conversations.

This is 5 years and still going,I'm healthy with no physical reasons for voice hearing. I actually would like to speak with another voice hearer that is going thru this. As I read about other peoples experiences I find similarities in the onset and progression of this. I find myself looking for others that are less advanced and also those who are more advanced. Yes I could be quite comfortable keeping it to myself and get on with my life but that's just not who I am. I want to have an openness about this and sit and talk. Not with health care professionals,not with my close family members but with someone in my shoes. A real life conversation. How do I do this?

Kerome

Kerome

You could try attending a meeting through the Hearing Voices Network, they may well have a chapter near you. Or perhaps someone from this forum will volunteer for a skype session - I'm reluctant to volunteer myself because I'm currently not hearing and my experiences in the past were rather a typical.

Good luck!

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Hi and welcome!
I'm not in a great place right now so am not up for sykpe sessions. But am happy to chat on pm x I hear voices btw x
I have heard good things about the hearing voices groups x

P

psiidagama

You could seek out your local NAMI chapter. They have meetings for different reasons and occasions.

Also, we could private chat. Do note, I don't audibly hear voices. But I have these thought waves that act like voices. They're mean, commanding and they confuse me terribly.

Are you in the USA? Maybe you could find people to talk with on the phone.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Hearing Voices Forum 17