• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Can I share my thoughts?

L

Lumpfish42

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I just wanted to share how I've been feeling as I don't feel ready to talk to anyone close to me yet, but I think it's gotten to the point where I have to tell someone even if its just virtually.

I've been feeling very low for the past few months, and the last few weeks it has got even worse. I have felt low before but have eventually been able to reach a stable place, but this time it feels different. I'm having constant intrusive thoughts about suicide, about feeling like a terrible person and for the first time I've started regularly self harming.

I just want to tell someone, because I feel incapable of telling anyone close to me, especially since I'm living away from home with people I've known only for a few months. I just feel very alone in this and it would be nice to hear from people who know what this is like.

C

celticlass

Hi. Sorry to hear you are not feeling so good. I wonder if it might be your whole situation - being away from home etc - that is getting to you? Do you get back home at regular intervals? Honestly, I would take medical advice on this. In meantime maybe try to create a day to day routine so things become more predictable. Self care, self care and self care needed in this situation. I've had very intrusive thoughts at times. Some of them were of the low type but some seemed to cause me pain that was very sharp. Hope you get some help here.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I’m so sorry that you have been suffering. Have you thought about reaching out for help from a therapist or counselor? It’s great to have a sympathetic and confidential person to talk with about private matters such as this. It might also be nice to have the extra support so you don’t feel so alone. xo, j

lucynah

lucynah

I'm sorry you're feeling like this. Sometimes big life changes, like moving away, can really affect your mood. And sometimes our brains can give us weird thoughts like 'you're a terrible person'. But you're not. Your brain is just a bit sick.