• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

can i sack the crisis team

M

mad as a hatter

it was hard for me 2 talk abot my voices with them cause i haven,t really talked about them 2 people really cause off my fears off not bein believed or laughed at i told my cpn wee bits the other day had the guy from the crisis team 2 day i was pretty distressed with the voices last nite so i thought i,d be brave and spk about the devil in my head but he practically dismessed then as bein my own voice and thoughts i was stunned and devastated i was almost in tears he was trying 2 say he wasn,t saying that at all but why question it in the 1st place yeah i,m goin lie about it and take meds for it if it wasn,t true i,m sick there treatment he practically said i wasn,t 2 phone my cpn about it either 2 day i had no intentions off doin that ne way i told him that 2 i,m not gettin accused off playing 1 off against the other tho i must admit my cpn is the most understanding off the lot them i called my brother and had a rant at him i told there all wankers and none then comin back here and i,m sticking 2 that they can do what the feck they want there not treating me like this ne more i just don,t think i,m not believed ne more so what,s the point having them around :(

schiz01

schiz01

If you have a personality clash or don't get along or what ever the reason,I think you should speak up explain that this person is not helping you and that you would like the help of someone else.

M

mad as a hatter

if it was only that simple they don,t like u doin that here 2 be honest i just want rid them all out my life i should be able 2 do that i,d thought i,m sick there patronising ways i,m not willing 2 except this ne more and what,s the point off taking the meds if they don,t believe me ne way i felt low before but if it,s possible i feel worse now they shouldn,t be allowed 2 do this 2 people

I

IntrospectionFtw!

By law your allowed a 2nd opinion or a change of doctor, but they do try to cover their own ass's and make it difficult. because if their treatment of you is seen to be ineffective or incompetent it can make them look bad aswell so they will try and manipulate the situation, or take advantage of your home situation and try an get you carted off to assisted living so it looks like you were at fault. the early intervention team recently did this to me so we've parted ways, like you i didnt like their attitude towards me or there sudden change in tact and treatment of me so i decided to ask for a change of team or doctor, still waiting though been 5 weeks.

M

maudikie

maudikie

Don't take it out on your brother - he could be your best friend when you stop and think quietly about things. Try to be a bit slower, and think about what the professionals have said, and if you want more information the write it own first, and then ask them. Be a bit cooler:cool:

M

mad as a hatter

i never took it out on my brother i just talked 2 him about things yeah i was a bit upset i wasn,t abusive in ne way he just wanted me 2 call my cpn but i said no simply cause she,d just call the crisis team ne way and then i,d get accused off playing 1 off against the other so i won,t do it i shouldn,t have this i,m feeling bad enough as it is i,ve decided there not comin back i,ve had enough off them there,s nothing they can do i won,t be forced 2 c them ne more

amathus

amathus

Maah, you shouldn't have to be upset like this it is just compounding your situation and making it worse.

If you feel as strongly about this when you've calmed down a little, then google your rights, so you can be sure, if they were to become hostile.
Have you an Advocacy service in your area? you could always go and seek advice from them.

You could also get in touch with your Primary Care Trust and make a formal complaint. As has already been mentioned you are entitled to a second opinion, but they don't always make it an easy process. Your Consultant would be approached and would have to consent to it.

I have been in the same situation and it stressed me out, you need to avoid any extra stress at the moment.

You could consider going it alone and get your medication prescribed by your GP. Also you need to think about what may happen in the future if you needed the Services again.

Take advice if you can, and look after yourself.

meteos.

M

mad as a hatter

thanks apart from my cpn i,m on my own ne way my consultant has dumped me for no reason i can only c him in a total crisis and then my cpn has got 2 request the app ha that can tk 3 months for a app 2 happen i am totally stressed out i,m in tears with it all i,m the lowest u could ever get they don,t care just like windin me up there bastards i don,t want 2 c them again i can tell u why do they always wind me up they do it on purpose i think :mad:

S

socks

I hope you get the help you deserve, i feel for you. they say you need to exsept your problems and thats the first and hardest thing to do, maybe keep a diary of your voices, and show that to them. I'm glad you can talk to your brother and cpn.

M

mad as a hatter

there always say be honest but when u do it gets dismissed i,m not happy not much more i can say is goin change it really just got 2 get on with it now

parker

parker

I take it this is a government health care system? If it is then us, that live in the states are screwed, because our government officials are craming it down our throats,

M

memyself and b

cant believe you are still having problems with your care team, there is such a thing as choose and book so you can choose your own docs and book your own apps, see your g.p its your right to see a doc you are happy with and get rid of the ones you are not!!:)

M

mad as a hatter

sounds like a good idea but it,snot that simple where i live it goes with the area off thetown u live in and what gp go 2 the crisis team i got no control over i just want rid them easier said than done i,m fedu p with the way the treat me apart from making a complaint there,s not a lot i can do except tell them 2 feck off

S

skyblue

By law your allowed a 2nd opinion or a change of doctor, but they do try to cover their own ass's and make it difficult. because if their treatment of you is seen to be ineffective or incompetent it can make them look bad aswell so they will try and manipulate the situation, or take advantage of your home situation and try an get you carted off to assisted living so it looks like you were at fault. the early intervention team recently did this to me so we've parted ways, like you i didnt like their attitude towards me or there sudden change in tact and treatment of me so i decided to ask for a change of team or doctor, still waiting though been 5 weeks.
I agree with Intro, you do have a right to complain and you can do this if you're really prepared to stand up for yourself.

Considering the way you're feeling about the whole situation, I'd do this if I were you.

Good luck and I hope things work out. :flowers:

M

mad as a hatter

i wish i was strong enough 2 do the whole complaints thing but i,m not up 2 it mentally ne more maybe i,ll just avoid them from now on that might be the best option i think