• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Can i get myself sectioned?

H

hb2394

I have BPD and a drug addiction. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel this is my last option. Can i do it myself or does someone else have to? I don't have a GP. I'm lazy and haven't registered since I moved to London? Should I register with a GP and then tell them? Or should i go to A&E?

HEEEEELLLPPP!:scared:

skitzofrantik

skitzofrantik

hi prob not gonna be the best help heads in a shite place, how ever i would say if you feel your life is seriously at risk right now then a & e is your only option, also there are drug rehab places etc as im not sure being sectioned is gonna be your best choice in getting clean, canny be more help than that at the moment but didny not want to reply, hope things start going in a positive direction for you soon :peace:

katya

katya

I have BPD and a drug addiction. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel this is my last option. Can i do it myself or does someone else have to? I don't have a GP. I'm lazy and haven't registered since I moved to London? Should I register with a GP and then tell them? Or should i go to A&E?

HEEEEELLLPPP!:scared:
If you're in a crisis state, A&E is the best place; they can direct you the best place to go from there. Really glad you're seeking help and I hope you get it soon.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I can't imagine why anyone would want to get themselves sectioned.... Find you local cmht and self refer! Or try find crisis number if you feel its more urgent. A&E involves HOURS of waiting and gets you no where as the on duty psych will just assess you then let you go due to bed shortages unless you pose a danger to yourself then itll prob just be crisis house. Do not wish a section on yourself

R

Rob27

Hi
I'm sorry I'm a day late I hope your feeling better, I've found that ringing 111 can help they will talk to you, give you advice and send someone if you need it. I've just been diagnosed with BPD I often blow up but when I'm calming down it really dose help me to talk to someone. I don't know what the service's are like in London so it might be different but you might be able to ring your local crisis team as well and they can talk you through what your feeling and thinking.

Sitting in A&E for hours wont help if your really worked up, I hope you feel better.