• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

can I get any benefit help?

N

nicros

Hi I will try and keep this short. I was diagnosed with GAD about 3 years ago and have been taking 75mg venlafaxine ever since, I have also had counselling and have a link worker when I need extra support. I was a teacher for 11 years but after having my kids (6 and 8) I got bad post natal depression and left work out of choice to look after my kids. Since then my anxiety has got worse and I couldn't teach again. My husband has been off from teaching for just over a year due to 2 groin operations and is still waiting for pain management as he is still in too much pain with a nerve problem in his grion and can hardly walk. His pay has stopped and he has just applied for the new incapacity for us and the kids, which we will get in 2 weeks. He is also fighting for his job atm. I just wondered that because I am so anxious and also get depressed and have panic attacks could I claim anything for me as I don't feel I could cope with working again. Atm I am better off not looking for a job as my OH wouldn't get any money. Does anyone on here claim anything or GAD? please help? thanks Nic

N

nicros

thanks for that, I will try to work it out