• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Can i ask a question please.

T

TOONAFISH

Hiya folks, not been on for ages, have been sorting out other stuff to boring to go into.

Anyway i have only been manic once, so im not sure if im feeling ok or not.

The last time to start with i felt really happy and confident, fancied buying lots of new clothes and getting my hair restyled. V horny, and fancying people all over the shop. then a bit into it i started having crap thoughts like that people were dead, or that i was going to harm people or veven kill people. (thats when i got taken to hospital). sorry to type that it sounds like i am an evil witch and i promise i am not.

Anyway have just had my thyroid removed and since then have been feeling a bit strange. Havin g some bad thought ref hurting my uhusband whom i love dearly. also feeling really sexed up and mad for it (which i can tell you is def not like me) fed up of boring things like housework want to do more with my days.

While i realise this is not mania, should i be talking to anyone about this, i dont know if this is something or i am over reacting. im just frightened. i was manic feb/mar last time. is it too soon to have another episode.

Sorry to be so ignorant of this illness, just learning x

thing fish

thing fish

i don't think it's too soon to have another episode. you could cycle fast you know.
i'd say if you are having thoughts of hurting/killing someone then you should go talk to someone and get that ironed out you know.,
good luck

T

TOONAFISH

i phoned the nhs24 on friday nite. they told me to take some meds, and my cpn came to see me yesterday. i told her i was feeling a bit better, i don't know.... im so confused just now. i cant seem to decide how i feel or what im doing

need to calm down i think, and stop worrying so much.

thanks for your reply.

thing fish

thing fish

i don't know how it is where you live but round here we have this thing at the mental health center that i go to called partial hospitalization.
it's like a 'ward' that you can stay at. get to see a doc every day and there are nurses on staff. you can go outside and smoke and wear street clothes and all that. you're allowed a cell phone. it's like hospital lite...

maybe something like that would be good for you. just go in and talk to someone for a day or two and just decompress you know.

good luck

T

TOONAFISH

thanks. here it is only really admission or nurse calling in. im feeling better today, but still worried. does anyone else feel like this and it doesnt escelate.

anyone with any info i would really like to here from you. sorry to be a pest.

Sugar Coated Owl

Sugar Coated Owl

Do you have the crisis teams telephone number? They might be able to offer some advice.

T

TOONAFISH

hiya have spoke to my cpn. have taken extra meds risperidone. im feeling more calm now. as i say i was probably worrying about nothing. sorry. x