• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Can be schizophrenia caused by things that happen in my life?

AlwaysinCrown

AlwaysinCrown

I'm afraid of politics and whenever I read sth it triggers symptoms as psychosis (The worst are sudden psychosis attacks), delusions and paranoia + face fear. It's not happening all the time, there're periods that it happens for almost all the time. I'm an Aspie and take antidepressants. Can it be the first symptoms of schizophrenia or just side effects of Asperger Syndrome?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I'm sorry, really don't know. What does your doctor say?

AlwaysinCrown

AlwaysinCrown

I'm sorry, really don't know. What does your doctor say?
He says it's more connected with Asperger syndrome but I have to ask him. BTW today I felt so bad due to reading one article about politics.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
If you are not feeling up to it, it is better to avoid politics. I turn the news off for days at a time if the current topic is too stressful.

I have heard about psychosis and depression with ASD's but don't know much about it. I think it is different to the psychosis which comes with schizophrenia so please try not to worry about that.

Go with the flow
One day at a time
Avoid stress
Rest
What makes you happy?
What do you enjoy doing?

EdEd

EdEd

In positive psychology, a flow state, also known colloquially as being in the zone, is the mental state in which a person performing some activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity.
Go with the flow definitely. The flow state rocks.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Flow is good, i go there often via music, art, activity.

Going with the flow to me means taking it one thing at a time. Almost like gliding through, there will be things going on, in and out of your control, but just go with it. Notice things, but don't let them affect you, don't engage in anything stressful.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N your schizophrenia could be the consequence of military action (Illuminati) and mind control radio frequency Schizophrenia Forum 3
S Covering the bridge (not the tip) of the nose and symptoms of schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 15
G risperidone schizophrenia side effects with ginkgo biloba Schizophrenia Forum 11
C Can a CT scan help diagnose schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 5
R Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 3
S Silence and symptoms of schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Forum 2
Funnyday Got Schizophrenia then get off of a murder charge Schizophrenia Forum 45
On Fire Schizophrenia and discharged to GP Schizophrenia Forum 34
S Work and Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 7
F how many of you believe in God? anybody lost God to schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 31
T Worried that I have Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 10
S Difficulty swallowing and schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Forum 10
S Paranoid schizophrenia continued Schizophrenia Forum 3
S Paranoid Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 10
J anyone have tinnitus with their schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 7
T Maybe it is schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 37
S friend with schizophrenia question Schizophrenia Forum 2
A My strange experiences and how come being mistaken as schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 5
Riah3 Does schizophrenia cause violence Schizophrenia Forum 32
F anybody here studying and doing well in life despite having schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 14
T Hi you guys. How did schizophrenia start out for you? Schizophrenia Forum 9
P Schizophrenia and jobs Schizophrenia Forum 14
B TRIGGER WARNING, Health anxiety sufferers should not read this! Does it look like schizophrenia or dementia? What do you think? Schizophrenia Forum 13
M My schizophrenia has made me a failure Schizophrenia Forum 25
A Schizophrenia diagnosis Schizophrenia Forum 16
I Has Schizophrenia affected your memory or intelligence? Schizophrenia Forum 28
B Residual schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 6
T Schizophrenia and dreams? Schizophrenia Forum 3
Cyborg101 Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 24
L Schizophrenia - Auditory Hallucination Schizophrenia Forum 6
Daybreak What do you think of this article? Myths of Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 8
Daybreak Lyme Disease and Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 1
FadeToBlack Why is other peoples understanding of Schizophrenia so bad? Schizophrenia Forum 3
Mikrokosmos Schizophrenia, Business and Succeed people Schizophrenia Forum 1
J maladaptive daydreaming x schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 10
S Remove schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 2
FlowerBox Was anyone aware of schizophrenia as it was developing? Schizophrenia Forum 7
M Just because I have schizophrenia my mom and stepfather treat me like I am 5 Schizophrenia Forum 2
M Dating with schizophrenia part 2 Schizophrenia Forum 8
Louizard To anyone who suffers from schizophrenia, I need advice Schizophrenia Forum 7
M Dating troubles with schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 11
J SCHIZOPHRENIA, A POEM. Schizophrenia Forum 3
M I struggle with schizophrenia, Schizophrenia Forum 10
M Signs of Schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 5
J Schizophrenia, the making of genius. Schizophrenia Forum 6
Micsodi Help please, what consequences are there of early pension - paranoid schizophrenia - in the work-field +any information about handicap papers for life Schizophrenia Forum 5
M What is the different between depression and schizophrenia'negative symptoms? Schizophrenia Forum 10
G Oprah did a show on schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 3
B schizoaffective or schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 32
J SCHIZOPHRENIA, A POEM. Schizophrenia Forum 10