• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Can be schizophrenia caused by things that happen in my life?

AlwaysinCrown

AlwaysinCrown

I'm afraid of politics and whenever I read sth it triggers symptoms as psychosis (The worst are sudden psychosis attacks), delusions and paranoia + face fear. It's not happening all the time, there're periods that it happens for almost all the time. I'm an Aspie and take antidepressants. Can it be the first symptoms of schizophrenia or just side effects of Asperger Syndrome?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I'm sorry, really don't know. What does your doctor say?

AlwaysinCrown

AlwaysinCrown

I'm sorry, really don't know. What does your doctor say?
He says it's more connected with Asperger syndrome but I have to ask him. BTW today I felt so bad due to reading one article about politics.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
If you are not feeling up to it, it is better to avoid politics. I turn the news off for days at a time if the current topic is too stressful.

I have heard about psychosis and depression with ASD's but don't know much about it. I think it is different to the psychosis which comes with schizophrenia so please try not to worry about that.

Go with the flow
One day at a time
Avoid stress
Rest
What makes you happy?
What do you enjoy doing?

EdEd

EdEd

In positive psychology, a flow state, also known colloquially as being in the zone, is the mental state in which a person performing some activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity.
Go with the flow definitely. The flow state rocks.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Flow is good, i go there often via music, art, activity.

Going with the flow to me means taking it one thing at a time. Almost like gliding through, there will be things going on, in and out of your control, but just go with it. Notice things, but don't let them affect you, don't engage in anything stressful.