• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Can anyone tell whats wrong with me.

C

confusedD

Hello all, first to describe me, I am a 25 year old average looking guy pretty good at what I do (software programmer) but I have a very low self esteem regarding my looks and social skills, I don’t talk much , you can say I am shy except when I am with friends or people I am comfortable with, I won’t go as far as to say I have an anxiety problem since I don’t have panic attacks or palpitations or symptoms of similar kind but it is a little difficult for me to talk to people sometimes (generally people with more authoritative position), or ask favors, or scold someone or talk to girls. I do have a lot of friends though (mostly guys) so I am not an introvert I do like going out, I party frequently and I have hobbies like photography, blogging etc. but I was very shy during my childhood also for a period of about 2 years when I was about 13 or 14 years old I used to cry when I was alone don’t know the reason exactly but maybe since I changed schools so I was lonely. I think I have grown out a little from that shyness. From the above description you do get the general idea. All was pretty good if not great but suddenly about 2 years back one day while I was riding to work on my bike I felt a little scared, not worrying but scared, sacred in the sense like you know your limit when you ride a bike for example you know in certain traffic condition you can go 60 kph I knew I could go 60 Kph but I couldn’t I was scared, also I was a little jittery like when someone suddenly comes across you react a certain way maybe a older person would be startled, but in a similar way I was a little shaky. And all this started suddenly just that day and it has gotten worse in the past two years. Also I could feel this shakiness or say anxiety in all my daily activity. The most visible physical symptom was sweating, whenever I was a little nervous I would sweat I mean the level of my nervousness was same, the way it had been for the past 25 years but now for the same level I was sweating and sometimes a lot. I am talking about general everyday situation which might make you nervous like if you screwed up something, or if you couldn’t find an important document or if you are talking to a beautiful girl etc. Maybe I have some physical or biological problem, may be even neurological problem but I had been to 3-4 doctors then can’t find anything wrong, I mean even I think physically or biological I am fine, but even a psychiatrist said that I have a little anxiety and sent me home saying it’s not a problem. I also tried a homeopathic doctor he experimented on me with different medicines for about a year but with no luck. Just to mention here I have a little high LDL and cholesterol values and with diet control and exercise the sweating problem is reduced a little. So I did join a gym and eat properly but still the problem is there, so please if anybody can help me let me know.

Eleison

Eleison

It sounds to me that you have more than average self consciousness. I understand how anxiety provoking that can be.

D

Dollit

If you have a low level anxiety perhaps you can try some distraction techniques. If you have to concentrate hard on the task in hand then it's almost impossible to be aware of the anxiety. Also a lot of people find that meditation can help. I use mindfulness which can be practised in any situation once you get the hang of it.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Has anyone here had some sort of remission of GAD symptoms Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 9
M Is Anyone Up? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
M Is Anyone Up? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 27
J Is anyone else in the same boat as me? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 12
S Can anyone else relate ? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 19
L Have anyone tried the Decider Skills for self-help? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
D Does anyone else get this? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
Carol1952 Does anyone feel more afraid and creepy at night? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 14
S Does anyone get Physical Symptoms due to anxiety. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 34
Nirvana2991 Citalopram anyone recommend anything else Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 16
A Anyone else try to shun use of social media to help Anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 17
R Does anyone have episodes of feeling faint Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
C Anyone try Lexapro? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
B Agoraphobia - has anyone ever just stuck it out ? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
S Does anyone relate to this kind of terror? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 30
B My partner has panic disorder, agrophobia and separation anxiety but I can find anyone who will help ME Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
W frequent urination-anxiety induced anyone? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
I is there anyone i can talk to or pm please as i feel so low tonight and alpne? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
K Linden method - anyone have any thoughts? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
D Anyone out there? Routine help. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
C Does anyone know what is going on with me? Please bear with my long story! Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
Jwillow Anyone else get like this? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
T Anyone else experienced this? tachycardia Or anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
T Is there anyone who overcome GAD completely? i need help. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
C Anxiety about relationships..anyone feel the same? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
J I'm back anyone relate Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
LexiDoll Anyone else get this? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
D Seroxat 20mg...Has Anyone managed to move onto Citalopram or Prozac....Is it better? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
M Valentines Day: is anyone else feeling anxious or depressed by this upcoming commercial event? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 21
D can anyone relate? please read Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
L Mindfulness- has anyone had any success? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
L Sure I had BPD but I'm told it's "JUST" anxiety but its the same for me to feel - its a nightmare an absolute nightmare..anyone else have anxiety this Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
T I start shaking from head to foot as soon as I wake up with anxiety every day...Does anyone else have this Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
A anyone out there that can relate? Family paedophile is dead Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
L 'Lift Psychology' Has anyone used this service Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
X anyone experienced this? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
mattyj75 Is anyone awake? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 15
EllieBelly86 Wakig up shaking after afternoon naps?? anyone else?? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
P has anyone seen a therapist and what happens? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 9
S friend suffering from anxiety, please please tell me what to do Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
S how to tell friends and any tips or advice on managing this please. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
T Do I have GAD, its been 2 years and I still don't know whats wrong with me? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
N I actually don't know whats wrong with me. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 13
L Whats wrong with me? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
B I don't know whats going on :'( Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
O I dont know whats wrong.. help please. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
A first time i go out to dinner in years and then left out whats wrong with me Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2