• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Can ANYONE shed some light on this situation?please

S

Somebody

I've been experiencing periods of feeling really down and out,suicidal and self-harming,and feeling like I don't know what to do with myself,like I'm gonna explode with pressure because nothing is clear to me.But it's weird,because this alternates with a period of feeling happy and full of energy,wanting to do everything,and yet I get angry about everything and quick to temper.These periods last about a week then switch.I'm also very paranoid all the time.I thought maybe I have bipolar or something,but those periods happen every few months or years apparently.And aswell as that,I went to a doctor,but she said she thinks I'm just being a teenager,I'm almost 18 if it makes a difference.My parents just think I'm on drugs,which I'm not by the way.What does anyone think about this?Am I just overreacting or should I see a different doctor? thanks for your help xx

sara

sara

I've been experiencing periods of feeling really down and out,suicidal and self-harming,and feeling like I don't know what to do with myself,like I'm gonna explode with pressure because nothing is clear to me.But it's weird,because this alternates with a period of feeling happy and full of energy,wanting to do everything,and yet I get angry about everything and quick to temper.These periods last about a week then switch.I'm also very paranoid all the time.I thought maybe I have bipolar or something,but those periods happen every few months or years apparently.And aswell as that,I went to a doctor,but she said she thinks I'm just being a teenager,I'm almost 18 if it makes a difference.My parents just think I'm on drugs,which I'm not by the way.What does anyone think about this?Am I just overreacting or should I see a different doctor? thanks for your help xx
Hey. Bi-polar are longer episodes of the symptoms you say. But you are in some sort of distress so maybe a visit to another doctor may help. Ask around and see if there is a GP who is good with people with mental health issues there are many.
good luck :)

iffybob

iffybob

It could just be that you "are" a teenager .. some peoples minds and bodies do take longer to settle after the whole puberty thing ( which is just the start not the end of changes ) .. it may just take you a little longer than some to learn to deal with it all ..

... try not to give your self a lable please .... there is a reason the professionals leave it a long time before doint that ... its so you dont get stuck with somthing that may be passing , and that you can move on from and have a "normal" life ...

.. you could try and keep a diary .. and see if there is a pattern ..

As an example ... if it ocurrs over the mounths oct to april .. it may be SAD (Seasonal affective disorder, a mood disorder with depressive symptoms in the winter ) .. which can be help with somthing as simple as a lamp ... ;)