• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Can anyone relate?

K

Khay

Hello. I'm very confused. I've had this 'delusion' that characters i like can see/hear me since i was around 14. I've never hallucinated, i just firmly believe this. Why is this persistent? Is this normal?

C

chargrillwon

characters like faces on YouTube?

C

chargrillwon

oooh yeah I know what you mean now. I had that experience at the height of one of my stimulant induced psychotic episodes. Thought the eyes of faces in paintings in my apartment were like inter dimensional watchers eyes or some kooky thing like that.

How seriously do you believe/entertain these thought of yours? Like to the point you’re rearranging aspects of your life or just kind of like something passive/casual in the back or your mind?

K

Khay

oooh yeah I know what you mean now. I had that experience at the height of one of my stimulant induced psychotic episodes. Thought the eyes of faces in paintings in my apartment were like inter dimensional watchers eyes or some kooky thing like that.

How seriously do you believe/entertain these thought of yours? Like to the point you’re rearranging aspects of your life or just kind of like something passive/casual in the back or your mind?
Serious serious. Just talking about it is hard because i even think they can hear my thoughts. Even now, I'm at work and am sitting alone in one of the tables and i feel eyes behind me. I admire them and love them and want to be them so much, but it's hard when you're at risk of getting randomly triggered. Specially if the characters are from a mainstream show. Magazines, youtube ads, etc.

C

chargrillwon

Serious serious. Just talking about it is hard because i even think they can hear my thoughts. Even now, I'm at work and am sitting alone in one of the tables and i feel eyes behind me. I admire them and love them and want to be them so much, but it's hard when you're at risk of getting randomly triggered. Specially if the characters are from a mainstream show. Magazines, youtube ads, etc.
Well it’s not real. As real as it seems, it’s all in your head. I’ve been there before. Are you taking any medications currently?

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

If someone in a photo or picture is looking at the camera, I feel like they can see me. I know they can't, but I still feel weird and act as if people are around. Even when no one is.

K

Khay

If someone in a photo or picture is looking at the camera, I feel like they can see me. I know they can't, but I still feel weird and act as if people are around. Even when no one is.
Yeah, same. Except for me it even goes as far as their name. Like, say I'm reading a fanfic, i'll change their name in my head to a random one. So they won't know I'm reading about them?