• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Can anyone relate to my experience of psychosis?

M

myselfinwinter

I have never found anyone who could relate to my experience of psychosis.

Does anyone experience flashbacks and nightmares about past psychotic episodes? Does anyone ruminate the trauma when they are unable to distract themselves? Does anyone get triggered over things that remind them of past psychotic episodes? Has anyone experienced spiritual trauma as a result of psychosis?

My psychosis was at it's worst in high school, a few years ago.

*TRIGGER WARNING TRAUMA*

I don't remember much when I was at my worst because I have a lot of repressed memories. They are so repressed, that sometimes when I get triggered I remember a vague, intense pain and suffering, but I don't remember the details of it, and it is so powerful it makes me want to die.
In the beginning I thought I deserved to die. I was atheist at the time, so death would mean nonexistence. I did not think I deserved to die out of self hate- I believed killing myself would be a radical act of self love, because the pain I was going through was inhumane, it was deep and it was so brutal, that if I somehow telepathically knew that someone was going through the exact same pain as me, I would murder them so they would no longer have to suffer like I did. I was atheist because I did not want to continue living after I died. I did not want to be happy, I wanted my existence to end.
Later I believed I was dead. I realized that I had succeeded in killing myself, and I had been sent to hell. That was why there were all the thousands of dead bodies piled up and demons constantly screaming at me. I believed that I would spent eternity like this. I have never, and will never feel as hopeless as I did at that time in my life.
Has anyone had any experiences like mine? Can anyone relate?

N

NoOne5

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I responded to this already. :peace:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
nickybow86 Does anyone relate? Hearing Voices Forum 7
Lillypad Can anyone relate to this? Hearing Voices Forum 2
Turtle1980 Has anyone.... Hearing Voices Forum 2
Q Anyone voices ever went away permanently? Hearing Voices Forum 25
E Anyone fluent in multiple languages? Which language is your voices in? Hearing Voices Forum 3
E Anyone hate when people ask like what is the voice saying at the moment? (inc professionals) Hearing Voices Forum 6
R Anyone here want to play League (NA)? Also believe in a spiritual cause for the voices (Discord voice) Hearing Voices Forum 8
Daybreak Anyone Can Be Trained to Hallucinate, and That’s Teaching Scientists About Perception Hearing Voices Forum 3
C Anyone there Hearing Voices Forum 1
hORIzonFINK210 to anyone with a spiritual downfall. Hearing Voices Forum 7
S Has anyone had an experience like this one? (voices taking control of your body) Hearing Voices Forum 13
EdEd Does anyone else run into this problem? Hearing Voices Forum 11
H Has anyone else tried this with their voices? Hearing Voices Forum 19
H Having visions, does anyone else have them & what's ur opinion? Hearing Voices Forum 3
Z Is anyone getting visions and seeing ufos Hearing Voices Forum 10
soulsearcher Does anyone else hear devils? Hearing Voices Forum 92
F What I’ve been hearing for months. Anyone hear these phrases? Hearing Voices Forum 20
F Anyone know what “it’s your ticket” means? Hearing Voices Forum 20
blokadeknight Anyone else with Bipolar who hears voices? Hearing Voices Forum 4
H Does anyone have 'whispering' voices? Hearing Voices Forum 17
C Does anyone hear a family member? Hearing Voices Forum 10
M Has anyone experienced something like this. Hearing Voices Forum 1
M Has anyone taken medication and regretted it? Hearing Voices Forum 1
D Has anyone tried CBD (Cannabidiol) ? Hearing Voices Forum 31
J I hear voices of pretty much anyone I come into contact with. Hearing Voices Forum 6
L My voice. Anyone have anything similar? Hearing Voices Forum 3
A Has anyone heard of EMDR? Hearing Voices Forum 6
F I think ilm going mad can anyone help? Hearing Voices Forum 10
T Anyone else been told they have special powers? Hearing Voices Forum 17
S Anyone have vocies that they love or enjoy talking to? Hearing Voices Forum 13
M Anyone else have just one voice? Hearing Voices Forum 6
J Has anyone ever lost the voices or are they here to stay? Hearing Voices Forum 11
C Has anyone stopped hearing voices recently? Hearing Voices Forum 5
fate_w_g Anyone else not get any sleep because of their voices Hearing Voices Forum 53
K Does Anyone Experiences Screaming in Their Head? Hearing Voices Forum 2
A Does anyone else write down what the voices are saying? Hearing Voices Forum 27
threebinds A pattern, does anyone else experience this. Hearing Voices Forum 2
A Anyone hearing psychic messages? Hearing Voices Forum 2
HDawg Help! Anyone else suffer from this? Hearing Voices Forum 3
P "not real enough" does anyone else have internal voices instead of external ones? Hearing Voices Forum 10
T Here's a strange one reading causes voices in my head ......... anyone recognise it????? Hearing Voices Forum 1
P Does anyone find their voices worsen... Hearing Voices Forum 1
mami5 Has anyone else experienced this? Hearing Voices Forum 5
R has anyone else had issues with mh teams? Hearing Voices Forum 6
I Looking for someone to relate Hearing Voices Forum 8
R They are real... Can you relate? Hearing Voices Forum 4
R Looking for friend who also has voices / similar experience (maybe play games, or vid chat, watch movies, etc.) Hearing Voices Forum 1
Hello513 Did any one else experience this Hearing Voices Forum 5
M Similar experience by analogy Hearing Voices Forum 1
arrrstin My particular experience Hearing Voices Forum 6