• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Can anyone help???

M

mrsclue

Life at the mo is not fab (once again!) for years I've been self harming and suffering bouts of depression. Now its back with a vengance, but is it depression?? I've been aware for the past year or so that its every few months i get a big slump, it feels like somewhere in my brain someone's pressed a self destruct button and no matter how hard I try i cant escape it-well i do but it can take anywhere from a few days to weeks.
I have an appointment with my doc next week but i dont know what to say to him, i really hate the idea of living my life on anti d's because i know i can go months feeling fine.
At the moment I feel i'm living my life through someone elses eyes and I'm scared. Scared that this is gonna be my life forever. Am i always gonna be on anti d's or is there another way out. Is there something other than depression that could be wrong?
Does anyone on here understand how I'm feeling and have any advice on how i could approach my doc would be helpful. I'm really thinking of canceling another appointment with him just because i'm scared of anti d's. I want there to be another dianoses not just-o your depressed.
Thanks for listening and i hope i've explained things well.:)

Emily-Rose

Emily-Rose

*hugs*

I know exactly how you're feeling, I felt like this for a long time.

I was originally diagnosed with depression, but was then diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Your depression may be the down of bipolar disorder, but then again, it could be depression. I can't diagnose.

Sorry, that wasn't much help.

Emily.xx

schiz01

schiz01

Meds are far from perfect for a lot of people and the side affects can be a real pain.I have tried them all over the years with little success.
There are other things you can do to help like acupuncture ,diet,exercise,vitamins,talk therapy ect ...

There can be medical reasons that can cause depression ...your doc can do blood tests to rule these out.

Last edited:
M

mrsclue

Thank you all for your replies . Its nice to know your not alone! Is it easy to get your doc to do a blood test to rule out anything else? my experience of them so far is drugs drugs and more drugs and I dont want them lol!:)

schiz01

schiz01

Hi again...best thing to do is hunt around for a doc that is happy to treat/help you with out meds......my doc specializes in orthomolecular medicine and doesnt push meds like some docs do...she treats me with a combination of herbs and vitamins...i also have regular therapy ....blood tests are simple enough ...my doc actually discovered that i have a rare blood disease (myloproliferarative desease) that other docs had missed
best of luck and dont give up

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Fancy Carp Depressed, lonely, awkward. Anyone want to just shoot the breeze? Depression Forum 35
A Struggling lately, anyone else? Depression Forum 43
K Anyone relate? *Trigger Warning* Depression Forum 7
C Does anyone else just want to sleep and not wake up? Depression Forum 11
G Anyone experience this?? Depression Forum 5
L has anyone noticed smart people are angry Depression Forum 8
S Does anyone have issues sleeping etc when severely depressed? Depression Forum 3
M Even go to the bathroom tires me, anyone else ? Depression Forum 1
G Does Anyone Else Feel Like This.. Depression Forum 9
L If anyone could read this or give any kind of advice I could really use it! Depression Forum 5
L I feel like wanting anyone to love me would be such a burden to them Depression Forum 5
TooMuchPain Does anyone actually beat depression? Depression Forum 19
J Does anyone find it hard to express their feelings. Depression Forum 12
L does anyone feel they are going through the day like floating soul? Depression Forum 31
migraine Anyone dealt with repressed memories? Depression Forum 5
O I cant feel anything and i cant tell anyone. Depression Forum 47
L Not Needing Anyone Depression Forum 7
B Anyone who experienced hospitalizations as a teenager willing to tak to a worried mom? Depression Forum 7
B Anyone wanna message me? Depression Forum 24
A_Wilted_Daisy Does anyone else just randomly cry off and on? Depression Forum 12
H Why can't anyone stay in my life? Depression Forum 20
M Depression due loneliness, anyone else ? Depression Forum 25
L can anyone recommend medication ? Depression Forum 2
J Anyone on pain medication Depression Forum 2
MeAndMyDepression Does anyone else suffer from bipolar depression? Depression Forum 9
J SPRAVATO for Treatment Resistance Depression Has anyone used Spravato? Depression Forum 4
A does anyone else think they are really boring Depression Forum 30
B Really want to kill myself. Anyone want to message me. Depression Forum 27
E I just need someone to speak to... I’m really struggling and can’t talk to anyone else Depression Forum 15
M Anyone wants to chat ? Depression Forum 13
M Anyone else feel like a burden Depression Forum 13
Z Did anyone experience the same depression? Depression Forum 1
D anyone that wants to move to a different country for love? Depression Forum 3
D Anyone that struggles with their immigrant parents here? Depression Forum 21
M Anyone able to PM for a bit Depression Forum 41
PurpleBlue A thread for anyone feeling like crap tonight Depression Forum 7
A i can’t find anyone who i can talk to or relate to Depression Forum 5
B Feel like shit..... anyone wanna message me? Depression Forum 5
B Depressed/ hopeless about life..... anyone wanna message me? Depression Forum 5
A Anyone want to talk? Depression Forum 6
R Has anyone ever been on Trintellix? What were your experiences? Depression Forum 2
I Which Weepie/s Help You Cry! Depression Forum 5
U Can you please offer me some help. Depression Forum 9
O Need some Help hopefully a Doctor that knows better then most Depression Forum 1
Fairy Lucretia im so scared please lese help Depression Forum 9
K Help! Can't See Preferred Doctor. Depression Forum 9
S In my 70s and Lovesick - Need help Depression Forum 3
ILikePancakes I Feel Like I shouldn't Get Help Depression Forum 3
J how to help someone who doesn't want help Depression Forum 4
R Staying away from toxic individual help Depression Forum 2