Can anyone help?

H

Henry33

Hi, I am an 18 year old boy in college. I was wondering if anyone could help me with some possible OCD symptoms I am facing. So I have trigger thumbs (a whole different problem XD) which basically mean my thumbs click or snap when i bend them. I lay in bed on a night and i struggle getting to sleep some a lot of nights because of anxiety and just generally worrying about the next day . I get urges that i cant help. I will click my thumbs until they wont snap anymore and i say to myself "If it snaps an odd number of times my mum will die tomorrow". I always get these sick thoughts that just come to my head and i cant help them. I always curl my eyebrows down until i can see them straight by looking up. if it don't complete the urge it winds me up. I also have 2 dogs and when i stroke one of them i always have to count how many times i have stroked them and go do the same to my other dog because my brain tells me that if i don't complete it, the dog will die. If my room feels dirty or untidy it will cause me extreme anxiety. I also go to the gym a lot and if i am doing a workout my mind will just tell me that if i don't complete 10 repetitions then i will get run over on my way back or something like that. I also feel anxious when there is things on my bedside table that are partly hanging over the side and things like that. I wear a ring and i have a ritual kind of thing where i have to pull it on and off 10 times in a certain amount of times and if i do not complete it i will have a bad day. Thank you for reading and I hope somebody may be able to help. :)

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Hi Henry
welcome to the forum! :welcome:
I would say that you should go and see your doctor and ask to be referred to CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy). This might help you challenge your thoughts and help you to rationalise them. Your behaviour at the moment is taking over your life so you need to seek help for it. Your doctor would be the first step.
Hugs
Fox