• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Can anyone help me?

K

katie100

Hi everyone,

I am a third year psychology student at Ason university in Birmingham. I have just completed a twelve month placement with an nhs service for people who hear voices. During my time here, I have learned alot about non-medical interventions to help people who have these experiences. I have attended training and read lots on this topic, I am very interested in the writings of Marius Romme and I intend to begin reseach into this area when i go back to uni in October. I am going to do a qualatative study into the impact that hearing voices has on people's lives and more specifically, their relationships with others and society in general.

I will be attending the Hearing Voices Network's days at B'ham uni next month in the hope of finding people who are willing to share some of their experiences with me, so that I can have a greater insight into their lives.

If there is anyone who feels that they may be able to help me with this research in any possible way, I would be extremely grateful.

My email is [email protected]

Thank you, Kate.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi katie and :welcome: to the forum.

Do you want to hear specifically from people in the Birmingham area or nationally? If it is the latter then a post in the Hearing Voices part of this forum would probably get more responses (it is under Mental Health Issues and Experiences).

As far as Birmingham is concerned it might be worth your while contacting Suresearch - http://www.suresearch.org.uk/index.html , although maybe they are part of the Hearing Voices Network day you refer to.

Nick.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N West Midlands 6