• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

can anyone help me ?? xx

lehcar24

lehcar24

im in the middle of bein diagnosed.. i have been told its more than likely bipolar.. the thing is i dont agree.. this sounds stupid but i have seen it on tv, in movies and read things that people with bipolar have written.. and it doesnt sound like me.. and im gettin paranoid that it they prescribe me medication for bipolar and im not what will happen?

it mite kill me, or make me wierd..

im a very paranoid person and worry bout everythin !!

anyone know what would happen if someone takes medication for bipolar but doesnt actually have bipolar..

sorry but i really need to know.. i think im jus depressed!!

thing fish

thing fish

i don't know if i would put much stock in what i see on tv or the movies..

i too questioned my diagnosis for a long time but in the end i think my psych got it right...
you could always go to another doc.
i say take the meds and see if you feel better...worth a shot right?

B

Bradford_gal

Re: can anyone help me?? xx

Hi,

I know how you feel. When you feel all alone with this, you have no one to relate to and the only references you have are the films and televisions.

There are online tests you can take. Often paranoia can be confused with Anxiety. Type "Anxiety Questionnaire" into google and you should find an online questionnaire to give you an indication of whether you ae suffering from an anxiety disorder - u can print out the results and show your doctor if you are finding it difficult to speak with them.

Try your best to be as open and honest with the doctors which will prevent a misdiagnosies whereever possible.

I hope I have helped in some way - I am due to see the Psychiatrist tommorrow and soo nervous :-(

Becky

lehcar24

lehcar24

thank you for replying xx u have helped! i jus always worry that if they get it wrong and give me tablets for it then the tablets will kill me cos i dont need them.. i worry too much and the paranoier doesent help!!!

i will jus wait and see what they say xx

thanks xx

and good luck becky for tomorrow xxxx

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
There are so many different meds available your pysc should work with you to find whats suitable. I take a mood stabaliser lithium and escitalopram and I'm not bi polar but they have some benefit for my depression. Talk to your psychiatrist about your worries.
KP

B

Bradford_gal

I am on exactly what KP1 is on, they have up'd my dose to 20mg but these things are always ongoing and it is never finalised, they are always reviewing the medication.

I can assure u that the meds won't kill you but it is understandable that you would feel this way. This might be tied in with some paranoia also.

Thanks for the good luck x

*vics*

*vics*

hello there....

psyc's may put you on meds to try them out on you first of all, they will try and get you on a steady level so you aint as paranoid, i tell you it may take some time for them to sort out your meds out and get you on a steady level so you feel better, it took me 6 years to get as stable as i am now, im not saying it may take you that long, im jus giving you an example of how it wer for me,

i hope this gives you hope,

thanks

vics

xoxox