• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Can anybody pinpoint what these symptoms are?

K

killswitchon

My symptoms are predominantly this one sensation and feeling that has literally taken over my every waking moment of every day. It is a feeling that is very real and cannot escape. I visually perceive things to be going faster than what they really are. I visually perceive situations and time to be going by at 1.5 times the regular or normal speed of my past. It wasn't always like this and thats why I am getting so frusterated with it because I have gotten three different diagnoses from three different psychiatrists so I am at a loss for an answer to what its from. I also feel more in my head and I am ALWAYS thinking which is tiring. Doesn't seem to stop. One psych thought it was psychosis. Another thought it had something to do with anxiety and called it derealization. I do not believe that for a second. This has physically changed how I see things and I cannot "will" it back to normal. I do not know what to do but wait. But it is so debilitating in every way. Socially especially. Nobody take for granted their reality because I did and it changed. What I think it is, is that it feels like my brain isnt processing fast enough so it feels like things are going by so much faster. Any comments or insight would be appreciated. Even some advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

B

breaksandflows

This guys a bit leftfield, I dont know how seriously you should take him but this is the only context Ive heared your experience mentioned in.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NDUk8QOfYqY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NDUk8QOfYqY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

iffybob

iffybob

Have you started / stoped any meds, or supliments like fish oils or vitimins or herbal meds ?.

Even if it was weeks before.

K

killswitchon

The beginning of the video gives me a bit of hope. Im pretty sure the Anthony guy said that the dude who was experiencing this sensation actually had a tumor? I thought that was what he said. Anyway, If this is the case then I want to get a brain scan to check out my brain health. I have had this sensation and it has continually "changed" and it feels like it has gotten worse over the course of about a year and a half ago when I first began to notice it. Because I started with a depression then this randomly started showing up and I did my best to verbalize what it was but it was terribly difficult. Trying to tell my friends and family that my depression has somehow evolved into something else. I have many food allergies and very chemical sensitive so I my mom is postulating that it was just years of build up of being exposed to those chemicals and eating the foods that I am allergic to and drugs and alcohol that caused my brain to go haywire. Because it actually feels like my brain has been affected in some way. I have a hunch. And this sensation is ALWAYS there. I mean there could have been many causes of this, but now I am starting to question whether it is actually something physical in my brain like a bruised area or a tumor or something. There are many theories that I have. Like mixing anti depressants with alcohol. The heavy drugs I did about 3 years ago. Or just the build up in my system. I dont really care so much what caused it, rather what it is. Because I have no other symptoms of psychosis. No delusional beliefs, no voices, not seeing anything so It would be weird if it was an early onset of it. But everybody else that I have mentioned this to doesn't know what it is. My family is doing their best to help but they have no idea what it is.

B

breaksandflows

By no means am I an expert, and as evidenced by my post, I can be leftfield myself, so it might be best to take my posts with a pinch of salt. I only speak as someone who's been diagnosed with psychosis but have only had negative symptoms. This may be what you are experiencing.