can anxiety cause terrible anger type issues?

Lolliebug

Lolliebug

Lately I have been having a lot of trouble with my anger but have also had a lot of anxiety with it. I get so angry that I kick things and sometimes throw things. I never throw things at family or pets I just throw them in general. I get mad over little or stupid things and am in a terrible moods for hours. I get mad at myself for being angry all the time too. I hate how angry I get and how easily I get so angry. I know its not healthy but I've started just keeping my anger inside for the benefit of others around me because I don't want them to be miserable too. I don't know what to do about this.

I'm so unstable right now with my anger, depression and anxiety. I just don't know what to do anymore. If I go to the psych ward they won't help me because I already have a psychiatrist. They just keep you locked up in there for a week and don't do any med changes or anything beneficial. It used to be a place that helped a lot but new people took over and they won't help me anymore. The last time I went in they told be that my psychiatrist could handle my meds when I got out and they would just keep me in there until the suicidal thoughts passed and I could go home. Like wtf is that?!

I just don't know what to do. My next psych appointment isn't until July.

T

Trekster33

Yes, definitely in fact I have angry type depression where I hate the world at times.

This can also be caused by hidden pain either physical, mental or both and lack of sleep.

Hope you find a solution soon.

Lolliebug

Lolliebug

Thank you so much!
I do have past trauma but I'm not sure if my anger is connected to that. It seems like its random everyday things that trigger it.

Sharebear

Sharebear

You are probably on edge. I have angry outbursts and suffer from anxiety. If you feel yourself getting tense, make sure you give yourself time to decompress. Are you female? I’m especially angry around times of hormone fluctuation. The dance of anger is a good book.

M

mikedrums

It's like you just described my situation exactly. I know this post is from a while ago, but I came across it and had to comment. Yes anxiety and anger are linked. If you get help for anger they actually generally treat you under anxiety, but I still feel they're two issues that are linked but somewhat separate. And gosh I just hate how the world things with suppressing these emotions. Employers in particular. Like oh don't ever get mad and hold your tongue. It's not healthy and I can't physically not experience these things. I hope things are going better now and that your psych appointment went well. Have one tomorrow myself actually. I get mad at little things all the time and I do as much as I can to help myself, but I'm not where I need to be. What I do know is that I'm getting better though. You are too. Just keep working at it. From one person who struggles with anger to another I know you can do it and I can do it too.