Can Anxiety cause my muscle pains?

N

Nelly24

Hi All
I've recently come through the other side of a really bad episode of anxiety over the last few months. I am still edgy from time to time but my GAD is not 24/7, which I'm thankful for. However I've started having daily leg aches, which persist throughout most the day, sometimes I can hardly get up. Is this something anyone else has experienced and I'll have to deal with, or should I speak to my doc about an alternative reason?
Thanks, N.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Anxiety causes tension in the body, so yes it could cause muscle ache but all the age I think it’s worthwhile mentioning it to your GP.

T

Tomorrows a new day

Yes anxiety causes tension, but in my experience it's in the neck and chest, people normally report having difficulty breathing because having tension in the chest. but i would get an opinion from your doctor just to make sure

N

Nelly24

I do get neck and back tension, and my lower back is bad which I know they say can cause leg pains if lower back is bad. Just hoping someone may have had a similar issue so I can attribute it to my anxiety and relax again that I can defeat it.

T

Tomorrows a new day

I do get neck and back tension, and my lower back is bad which I know they say can cause leg pains if lower back is bad. Just hoping someone may have had a similar issue so I can attribute it to my anxiety and relax again that I can defeat it.
Hi, i bought some CBD oil yesterday and it feels like it's working, every 2 hours i put 2 drops under my tong and last night i had a amazing sleep. It supposed to be good for aches and pains too

Jef Costello

Jef Costello

Yes. Stiffness or tension caused by GAD can lead to muscular and skeletal pain. Sleep is also a crucial part in muscle recovery. GAD is usually linked with insomnia. Do you have problems with staying asleep or sleep onset? I think it might be called a psychosomatic condition, when you get physical symptoms or problems caused by psychological conditions.

I got issues myself with back pain, neck tension and leg pains. All probably caused by anxiety disorders and lack of exercise.