Can Anxiety affect only one side of body?!

C

Cfros

Hiya everyone, I’ve been reading all your replies on here and thought I would reply and tell my story.
Out of the blue I was asleep in bed, woke up around 12am feeling like I was going to pass out I had ringing in my ears my vision was closing in on me felt very shakey all my left side went cold and numb. I phoned for an ambulance who came and completed a ECG and all was fine apart from high blood pressure. I now get tingling in my eyes also
The next day I went to the doctors and I’ve had so many tests done -
Three ECGs
A stomach ultra sound because I have terrible stomach cramps burning
3 full blood counts
1 thyroid blood test
1 vitamin d blood test (came back abit low)
1 glandular fever blood test - my glands all in my chest / arms / legs feel sore and tingly
All of the above came back normal 🙈
I’m now been sent to a neurologist this week because since the first attack I’ve had around 10 more in the space of 4 weeks. They are so draining the next day I feel tired achey and numb.
I’ve noticed they either come on at night when I’m asleep or when I get abit stressed up ie go to the doctors. They never really come on when I’m busy with the kids. I get abit if tingling down my arm and burning down my side near my ribs.
The doctor has prescribed me sterlin but I’ve heard a lot of bad things of this tablet anyone else had heard or taken this ?
Any advice on the above or just to chat would be great :) will let you know how I get on tomorrow at the neurologist
Philippa x
Hello philippa_j

That's exactly what happened to me 3 weeks ago. I remembered being exhausted for working the whole day, i was also talking to my mom when suddenly i felt pressure on my left ear and then it somehow spread to left side of my head.. when i sat down my left arm and leg felt weak, and there was tingling/numbness on my stomach. I ate 2 bananas because i remembered that "weakening" part feels like the symptoms of hypokalemia i had like 10 years ago. The only difference was the ear pressure and the dizziness that accompanied the numbness.

The next day, i felt muscle cramps (dull though) on the left side of my body where the "weakness" took place the night before. I also had a chest pain which i could point with my finger and when i pressed on it, it feels bruised inside.

I went to see a doctor, but only had CBC.. which showed low potassium. And i had a low blood pressure of 80/60. I was prescribed medicine for vertigo and hypokalemia.

I went back to the doctor because i had (until now) a dull burning sensation just below my left rib. Like on the upper left abdomen or in line with the last rib on the left. And i was given (pantoprazole) doctor said it was just a heartburn/reflux. I am done with the 2 weeks PPI, but still having dizziness and burning sensation below my left rib and is now travelling to my back, can't explain this burning sensation (it's moving around) sometimes on my shoulders or neck too (i feel like it has something to do with the veins/nerve).
But what bothers me most is the air/gas/pressure that just suddenly pops out of nowhere and it leaves my head feeling like something is crawling inside.

I hope you can share any update here. It will be of great help. I hope you are feeling better now.

A

AbrianaSantos

Hi Guys,
I have this weird heat in my back that I don't understand. It started on 28th January 2019, I felt heat in my back, NO PAIN just heat and one of my arms had goose bumps. I thought it was fever I took pain reliever and forgot it. However it came back with full force on Monday. I don't experience it much when am standing on lying down. But when seated in my car or on my office chair, at times I have to instinctively come forward because I feel as if the heat is because the back is touching the chair back. The first Dr I saw said it could be chest infection since I had cold prior to that, he put me on antibiotics which didn't walk. Frustrated and seriously confused I went to A&E they did all the heart checks, ECG, blood, bp and temp all fine. The Doctor dismissed me saying it was anxiety, they even said I should goto homepathy. I kind of believed it because I had gone through so much stress, hunger, anxiety and lack of sleep in days leading to the 28th. However the feeling has persisted, someone mentioned GERD, I started taking off the counter GERD medications (since I have had GERD before), the funny thing is the back pain doesn't seem like any GERD pain I had in my life. In fact it isnt pain per say it just as if am being burnt with heat. Another funny thing is it keeps moving around, at times up close to the neck, sometimes I feel it in my arms, or even down close to the buttocks. I went to my GP recently and she suggested taking antiacid citing acid reflux. I started taking acid reflux medication then started having gas, burping etc. So I quit and started avoiding all fatty and acid food, all that done to no avail. I now feel the heat in places in my back and shoulder as well as a nervous stomach symptom - warm feeling in my stomach every now and then. Please has anyone experienced these before?
Hey I am sorry for being late I know you posted this a few months ago but I've just seen it. I have been dealing with health anxiety for almost a year now and I have the sane butning skin sensation that you are describing. Mine occurs on my back, my stomach, my face, my forehead, and sometimes my arms. I've been dealing with this for about 4 months now. Some days I dont feel it at all but it happens at least once a week if not more and it usually lasts all day. I notice that whenever I focus on it or even think about it then this horrible symptom occurs. I too thought it was a fever. But my doctor says it's just anxiety. It's so scary because I'm always on google and worrying about it and that makes it even worse! I also deal with the stomach issues like you.

S

Sun_Dae

Hello everyone, this seems to be a forum where I can take part too. I've been diagnosed with Anxiety about 3 and a half years ago, and since then my life changed (Health Anxiety or hipocondria). First, I had no idea what this means, and I was very scared about all the physical symptoms in my body, but how it turned out later, was actually in my mind. Needless to say, I "had" numerous hearth attacks and most of the common cancer types that I could think of (throat, lungs, colon, skin etc); actually my heart attacks were just pain in my chest and some weird "pumps" of my heart due to accumulated adrenaline(lots of EKG and holter monitoring came back clean), my throat cancer is some allergy or post nasal drip combined with some GERD too, lungs came clean on my CT scans, colon was caused by IBS, the skin was just a rash... all in one, ANXIETY provoked all of these "diseases", and of course, just in my head, but the physical symptoms were absolute real.
It's very easy for me to realize that now, but when I'm feeling anxious and something physical bothers me, I'm like totally another person, way to close to the problems to see the main picture. My last worry just follows the colon cancer, which, be surprised or not, I don't have it :). Now (even if this happened in the past in 2 more sessions) I'm very worried about my arm and leg, from the right side only, because I feel them very numb starting a few days ago. Starting yesterday evening (until then I had periods only) my leg is very numb, tingling, and i feel it colder (but is not), even after a 6 hours night sleep and some xanax (i use it from time to time to calm but it's not working every time). I even feel that i can't really move it as I want, feels heavier, sometimes like it's not even my leg. My hand is about the same, but with lighter symptoms than in my leg. Of course in my head it must be signs of some stroke or something very dangerous, but again, I think I'm too close, too involved in this to see the reality.
I constantly look for reassurance and try to convince myself it's all because of Anxiety. It helps me sometimes to read that other people are in the same (or similar) situation as I am.
What do you think, should I see some doctor or wait 6 days until my psychiatric appointment?
Thank you, and have a peaceful mind!