• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Can an Energy Drink Cause Mental Illness Symptoms?

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
A certain energy drink may give you more than wings: it can give you symptoms of mental illness imo. What do the studies say about energy drinks and psychiatric symptoms such as mania, psychosis, and substance abuse? According to several studies featured on PubMed.gov (which I will explain in detail later), energy drinks can cause psychotic breaks, manic episodes, and substance abuse relapse.

more energised prose here: Can an Energy Drink Cause Mental Illness Symptoms? | Recovering from Mental Illness - HealthyPlace

Last edited by a moderator:
rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I sometimes use aspartame based drinks for a natural and legal high. although I have a supersensitivity to stimulants. aspartame and other synthetic sweeteners are so prevalent in the processed food and drink chain, you can't realistically avoid them.

makes me wonder how many people are unwittingly hooked on stimulant drugs they don't even know are stimulant drugs.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I just stick to my caffeine ;)

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm a committed aspartame junkie. There is no hope for me. The aspartame recovery team have wiped their hands of me.

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
puzzles me why people even feel like they need an energy drink. it's not like we're running low on energy sources.

why do we have stimulant drugs in our drinks?

WTF kind of madness are the sane people pushing again?

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I find a cup of coffee helps get me going in the morning, especially when I was working.
I never got into energy drinks, theyre good when your hanging the day after but I'm just not that into fizzy pop

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The coffee is just the gateway drug.
Haha yeah if i never touched coffee i might of manage to swerve all those other drugs ;)

Frost

Frost

to be serious, the concept of "gateway drug" is a nonsense.
I reckon if there's any statistical association between the 'gateway drugs' like cannabis and the harder stuff, it's simply because of who you have to hang around to get cannabis. Drug dealers want to push the more expensive stuff, and if you're in contact with them to get weed...

Which is why the whole 'gateway' thing is often used as one of the arguments in favour of legalising the likes of cannabis. Take the trade out of the hands of drug dealers, and less people will be put in positions of access to harder stuff.

Sorry, that was completely offtopic :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Bipolar Forum 1
HLon99 Bipolar Forum 2