Can a Schizophrenic question their delusions?

EddieH

EddieH

Lately I have been questioning some of the strange things that are happening. My Psychologist thinks because of this it is not schizophrenia, is this correct?
Just curious if I have been misdiagnosed of if the medication is working better.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I've questioned mine a while afterwards, you can gain insight if the meds are working better.

J

Jules5

Questioning stuff is a symptom of Schizophrenic. How else can we explain what is happening to us but through testing are feelings. I am Schizo. Nothing to me makes sense.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I’ve never questioned mine at the time they were happening because it all seemed so perfectly normal. But I have questioned myself later when discussing with my pdoc

J

Jules5

Eddiehitler Schizophrenia is a catch all serious mental health issue. I have watched your post and find allot of meaning and input. Do not change up now unless you are feeling at a much better stable condition. I am Schizophrenic too and also have severe Psychosis. About the same diagnosis.

I wonder and wonder why my brain is at a loss.

We can get better however which makes me a little jealous of you and will miss your post.

EddieH

EddieH

Thanks everyone. I'm just getting really frustrated trying to explain stuff to this new Psychologist. I've had so many over the years and really don't like talking about it that much. I'm going to ask the Psychiatrist next visit what he thinks is going on, because I still feel unwell, and I think he is more qualified to make that assessment.

N

Notaround713

I think Too many of us would have to be complete idiots not to question things. My doctor tells me because I can realize the difference between whats not real that I’m not schizophrenic and truth is I don’t agree with that, im just college educated and I think I haven’t reached a point of complete madness. It’s pretty easy to pinpoint everything not real yet it still effects me.

I

iwanthope

Lately I have been questioning some of the strange things that are happening. My Psychologist thinks because of this it is not schizophrenia, is this correct?
Just curious if I have been misdiagnosed of if the medication is working better.
That sounds interesting. When I questioned matters I was shouted at and told you have schizophrenia and you cannot accept you have schizophrenia.

I

iwanthope

I still wonder why I was treated so unfairly.

J

Jules5

I have a Masters degree in Advanced Clinical Social Work. I have been trained to diagnosis clients and here I am a schizophrenic . This world is all Mad-Do not accept this first thing that comes along make sure it makes sense first to you. I feel my mental illness enabled me to really get into the nitty gritty things with my clients. Certainly, felt bonded with all the people I helped. Which led to my peers and upper management saying I was not Professional. I just blew right by them at work-I was there to actually help the client. Not just pick up my paycheck and show off my degree.

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

I don't like psychologists very much. I walked out on the one I had as she was very bad.

I wouldn't pay any attention to those comments. It's called insight, which surprisingly you can achieve if you stick with the meds as prescribed. To argue against it denies agency for someone who has schizophrenia to develop and get better. Your psychologist sounds anti-recovery.

J

Jules5

I feel the same way as FadetoBlack. It is like getting the flu some
people develop serious symptoms and others do not.

J

Jules5

I question my delusions when they are over with with the help of a friend who can help me see how may be I was wrong screaming at the neighbor thinking there dog was going to kill my chickens after jumping over three fences to get to them. I was wrong about that and feel badly. As I cussed her out big time. This amonst many delusions I get that are way off the mark from whats normal

J

Jules5

Right now I am having a delusion that I am going to quit smoking cigarettes-never have been able too but I did set a quit date and throw darts a the paper just to make it real.

K

Kelly B

I just watched a documentary called “Bipolarized”. Apparently misdiagnosis happens all the time.

J

Jules5

Is this documentary online. I would like to watch it. Sounds interesting. I have severe psychosis it took 8 years to come up with diagnosis before I was Major Depressive

K

Kelly B

Another good one is called “Shadow Voices “. If you’re not from the U.S. you will most likely be appalled at the treatment of mentally ill people here.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

Why do you say , "not from the U.S.?" and where is the "here" that you are referring to? Is it the U.S. because that is where you live?

K

Kelly B

I’m from the US. The mental healthcare here is pathetic. The documentary Shadow Voices gives a little insight to as to what often happens to people with mental illnesses here in the US.