• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Can’t stop feeling insecure

Y

Ydoc2012

I’ve noticed recently that I’m very insecure. Looking back I’ve probably always felt this way. In middle school I always felt the other guys were always better than me. Through high school as I and everyone began to be more like what we were going to be physically as adults, these feelings didn’t go away. I’ve never had a long term relationship. I’ve only talked to a few girls since I started college 3 years ago because I get anxious and over analyze every interaction. I am well aware self confidence is a big thing in dating and life in general. I don’t even know where to begin becoming more confident. I do things my therapist says and then one negative interaction with someone and I completely tear myself apart and am right back where I started.

toutatis

toutatis

Like most things relating to self-change, you're probably going to have a few setbacks along the way, Ydoc2012. I think just continue to do the things your therapist has recommended and continue along the path of change and growth with hopeful thoughts in your mind. You'll get there in the end friend, don't you worry.

S

Shruikin

I know that pain well. What helps me is too remember that 1 in 4 suffer mental health illness so there is a chance the girl you are interested in is just as anxious as you. I believe if you open up a little you would be surprised at how many others will relate to what your going through. For example in a dating profile if you mention your struggles without going into too much detail you would be amazed at how many kind responses you get

Faith198

Faith198

I feel this. I thought I was improving with my social anxiety but I realized I’ve not made much progress. I feel like I let myself down and maybe I will never be comfortable around people. I hope you can overcome yours it is definitely tough to handle. Just keep getting back up after those setbacks.

Y

Ydoc2012

I feel this. I thought I was improving with my social anxiety but I realized I’ve not made much progress. I feel like I let myself down and maybe I will never be comfortable around people. I hope you can overcome yours it is definitely tough to handle. Just keep getting back up after those setbacks.

It’s kinda tough right now for me too because of Covid-19 and not being able to get out. I was really doing well the first 2 months of the year but I’ve noticed a lot of things about who I was, am and want to be eventually and it sometimes makes me frustrated. Sorry about the rant but I thought your comment (even while being brief) felt very relatable to me. Thanks :)