can’t sleep. anyone there?

M

mamamis

hi, i’ve been having a hard time sleeping more and more often lately.

when i was 18 i had my first encounter with psychosis. scary delusions hallucinations. i couldn’t trust anyone. all i wanted was to hug my mum for comfort but couldn’t because of what my mind told me she was.

i didn’t have a good experience with my first doctor so refused meds and stopped going.

then when i was 22 strange things started happening. i would get messages and songs would tell me things and there were codes and a special group with a plan to help us. then i couldn’t sleep much either.

in between those times were periods of depression. pretty bad depression that wound me up in the hospital a couple times.
and in periods of high stress cruel voices.

but after a few years of trying different meds i’ve been doing pretty well on abilify and effexor.

the only thing is weight gain and if i forget the effexor a day or two i really feel sick.

anyway all this just to say i can’t sleep.
thankful for anyone who reads this.

L

linus

Do you take care or yourself in any other way than meds? Exercising, diet, occupation?

M

mamamis

to be honest, it’s been a challenge. i do have goals and know my habits aren’t the best. i use to exercise in the past and used to enjoy it because of the way it could change my mood and helped with my sleep but these days i just can’t seem to start. i also have poor eating habits. writing this out made me realize i’m not doing the most i can do for myself. i guess i’m in a rut

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Schizoaffective Forum 1
vanish Schizoaffective Forum 23
L Schizoaffective Forum 5