Can’t be just me surely!

B

Britvic20

Ok so here goes. I get seriously stressed out by my house, the kids, everything. The housework just feels like it never ends. The kids never seem to behave. Today the hoover broke n I swear I almost threw it out the window. It just feels like everything is spiralling everyday. I live for bedtime when the kids are asleep n I can just sit in silence. I feel like my life is shit compared to others. I am always paranoid that I am being judged on my house, my kids. It just seems am never happy with what I have. I never live in the moment. I’m always looking at it from what other ppl will be thinking. Apologies for the barrage but it actually feels better to have got it out in the open.

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

Sorry. It sounds so stressful. I'm glad I don't have kids. Some kids can be really stressful to deal with. I'm never baby sitting again. I only have 1 good niece and 1 good nephew.

SoftRain

SoftRain

Nope it’s not just you.
It’s hard to keep up with the housework. In fact I usually don’t do a good job of it. I too, am always wondering what people think when they come in. Between 4 people to do laundry for, dishes vacuuming, food, animals and on and on and on it just never stops.
I have teenagers. One is pregnant, in drivers ed, and has a job so I have to drive her to all appointments, drivers ed and job for at the very least 4 months. Not to mention the stress of preparing for a baby which was a shock.
My son starts school tomorrow so I have to run to get supplies, right after I do some cleaning then pick my daughter up from work.
I have several people coming to my house Saturday which I didn’t want to do at all.
It’s all very overwhelming I know.
I like bedtime for the quiet times too.
And I know we are just two people in a world of a WHOLE a lot of people in the same boat.

Anon_21

Anon_21

You are definitely not alone!! Very glad to have found this post, not many people talk about parenting on here. But it is hard! I feel like I quit a job I liked to become a live-in baysitter/housekeeper. There are good moments too of course, but I am struggling.

These are some humorous pics I found on Pinterest that help me feel less alone. Maybe they will ease some of your pain as well. You can always pm me if you need to talk/vent more. Welcome to the forum!

20180807_141038.jpg
20180807_141054.jpg
20180807_141130.jpg

SoftRain

SoftRain

You are definitely not alone!! Very glad to have found this post, not many people talk about parenting on here. But it is hard! I feel like I quit a job I liked to become a live-in baysitter/housekeeper. There are good moments too of course, but I am struggling.

These are some humorous pics I found on Pinterest that help me feel less alone. Maybe they will ease some of your pain as well. You can always pm me if you need to talk/vent more. Welcome to the forum!

View attachment 14242
View attachment 14243
View attachment 14244
LOL. Isn't that the truth!