Camomile Tea

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

I had read that camomile tea is supposed to be a good aid to relaxation, and can assist with mild anxiety and helping people drop off to sleep. My Mum also told me the same, and she's supped it for years.

I tried some camomile and mint tea once, hated the taste, found it undrinkable and tipped it away. I never bothered with again for ages.

Then I tried some tea made purely with camomile flowers. I didn't leave the bag in too long, so the taste wasn't overbearing. After about twenty minutes, I did indeed feel chilled out, and sleepy. I went to bed, and had a good night.

Has anyone else found this with camomile? :)

M

mindprobs13

Oh, yes..... Camomile tea is excellent for relaxation. Pop the teabag in my mug, pour boiling water on it, leave it to brew for 2 minutes and relax! Forget the milk, doesn't do any good fo the taste. I drink Camomile tea regulary. My mum panicks everytime she washes my mug up, she hates me drinking coffee, so the different smell freaks her out slightly. I'm also not fan of a strong cuppa so I don't leave the bag in too long.

But no, Camomile tea is absolutely great. At the moment I'm havinv trouble sleeping, so it helps me switch-off.
Hope this helps.

~~~mindprobs13

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

As long as i'm not in a totally unreasonable state to begin with, chamomile is pretty reliable for making me feel calmer. x

BlueGlass

BlueGlass

ACCOUNT CLOSED
what does it taste like? I NEED it by the gallon I think.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

what does it taste like? I NEED it by the gallon I think.
Like pondwater...
It's planty.. kind of hopsy-planty. Like, musty planty rather than fresh planty. Not explaining it very well, am I? :LOL:

M

mindprobs13

This is what my box of tea-bags says:

'Calming Camomile
Naturally Caffeine free with all natural ingredients*'

'A sea of white and yellow flowers dance under a briliant blue sky
We harvest our organic camomile during the warm summe months, selecting the pollen heads, as they're the sweetest part. The delicate floral infusion is traditionally used to hep you relax, so sink into a deep armchair and let your worries drift away.....

Made with all-natural ingredients - nothing more, nothing less. Naturally caffeine free with no added sugar.

*All our herbs are gently steamed, the process is gentle to protect their delicate taste'

'Brew Time... 2 to 3 mins
Using one bag per person, pour on boiling water and infuse for two to three minutes. Leave for a little longer if you prefer a stronger taste. Always best enjoyed without milk.'

~~~mindprobs13 xx

M

mindprobs13

Cotton-y! It tastes like cotton. :LOL: x
Now, did that just spring to mind or did you have to brew yourself some to get an idea? Also is that a good thing or a bad thing? Do you like the taste of cotton?

~~~mindprobs13 xx

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Now, did that just spring to mind or did you have to brew yourself some to get an idea? Also is that a good thing or a bad thing? Do you like the taste of cotton?

~~~mindprobs13 xx
Hah, i'm not sure, I think your post made me have a "Eureka!" moment with how to describe the taste. Not sure. :LOL:

I can tolerate the taste of chamomile quite well, really. I think i've trained my tastebuds to like it. x

M

mindprobs13

Well, as long as you like it. Shame I didn't have a cup today, could have done. Well...never-mind I'll get one tomorrow, hopefully.

I'm always reading something and go 'OMG, that's what that is!'. Don't like to admit it, a bit weird as my 'Eureka!' moments are about something completely unrelated to whatever they were talking about in the first place.

~~~mindprobs13 xx

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm always reading something and go 'OMG, that's what that is!'. Don't like to admit it, a bit weird as my 'Eureka!' moments are about something completely unrelated to whatever they were talking about in the first place.
LOL, I totally understand and do this a lot too.
I wonder why totally random things cause other equally as random things to just "click". x

trinny

trinny

tea

Yes im just starting to try out new brews theres lots good ones without caffine even morning brew without the jitters cant believe took me so long

Q

Queenie

I had read that camomile tea is supposed to be a good aid to relaxation, and can assist with mild anxiety and helping people drop off to sleep. My Mum also told me the same, and she's supped it for years.

I tried some camomile and mint tea once, hated the taste, found it undrinkable and tipped it away. I never bothered with again for ages.

Then I tried some tea made purely with camomile flowers. I didn't leave the bag in too long, so the taste wasn't overbearing. After about twenty minutes, I did indeed feel chilled out, and sleepy. I went to bed, and had a good night.

Has anyone else found this with camomile? :)
Yes I swear by it and I also combine lemon balm and if I need to good sleep Valerian root. I find that having lemon balm with chamomile makes it taste lemony and lemon balm also aids relaxation. I like natural remedies as there is less side effects. When I feel really bad I live on the herb

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Yes I swear by it and I also combine lemon balm and if I need to good sleep Valerian root. I find that having lemon balm with chamomile makes it taste lemony and lemon balm also aids relaxation. I like natural remedies as there is less side effects. When I feel really bad I live on the herb
The camomile flower is truly a remarkable flower :flower2:

T

Tonic

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I really like chamomile tea. My favourite is a pukka chamomile tea with manuka honey. It never gets bitter, even when you leave the tea bag in for a long time.

It helps me feel calm and relax.

For me it honestly works.

Medication can make me feel really worried and make me worse because I am worry about what it is doing to me.

Valerian root is very good for dropping off to sleep.

I have never heard of anyone drinking chamomile and mint together. Mint is reviving and gives you energy.

A good way to drink mint tea is to pick mint leaves fresh from the garden or a window box and put it directly in boiling water. You can add some sugar, too.

N

natalie

As I think I posted, elsewhere, recently, i have just started to have Rosehip, and I just had a drink of that just before, and boy it does wonders for pains, especially in knees! I might feel to get a chair based fitness done, during this evening. If not, then, tomorrow at some point.

I also have green tea, which for weight loss, is a great antiditoxdant. I just couldn't spell the last word in the last sentence, for the second.

Natalie.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

this aint necessarily so.

T

Tonic

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Did you know that a normal cup of builders tea is full of anti oxidants and it will fill your body with anti oxidants for hours after drinking it.

T

Tonic

ACCOUNT CLOSED
That sounds perfect.