• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Cameron Vale

C

Cameron Vale

Hi ,My Name is Cameron Vale and suffer from bipola dissorder. I recently had a servere manic attack which changed (Rapid Cycling) into the worst case of depression I have ever Experienced. I was fortunate to be givin a bed at Saint Anne's Hospital Poole. Once I was admitted, A Dr. reqeuested I have a few ECT sessions to change my mood, which after a four day think, I declined. The Doctor then stated the she wished to change my medication, I was on Mertazipine, I Know take Venlafaxin one a day, Carbomazipine twice a day and Quatiapine twice a day. This little cocktail seems to working, although the quatiapine makes me drowsey, so I take 500 mg at night and 100mg in the morning.

I would love to hear from other Bi Polar and chat about what they are going through at the moment.

Many Thanks

Cameron Vale

jax

jax

Hi cameron,
Nice to see you. I currently am in hospital. I have been in 6 weeks due to a manic episode. I suffer mainly with the manic side of my illness. Always high. THey have finally brought 'somewhat' down with seroquel, lithium, haloperidol, lorazepam. I am going on depakote soon. I am so fortunate to not suffer with the depressive side much or for long periods. However, when it occurs I really struggle with it.
:welcome:
hugs, Jacqui

A

Apotheosis

Hi Cameron - I live in Bournemouth too.

Welcome to the site. :welcome:

jax

jax

Forgot to say that I too had ECT. It terrified me each time I had a treatment. Seroquel knocked the socks of me when I first went on it and did so for over a year. I was on 900 mgs - got it reduced just a few weeks ago to 800 mg slow release. It has helped a lot with me mood swings getting the dose throughout the day.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
:welcome: to the forum cameron vale.

Jax,have you experienced weight gain with seroquel?

jax

jax

I can't for sure say it's the lithium as I started the seroquel around the same time as epilim and lithium. I did gain a lot of weight but can't say who the culprit was lol.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Ok .Thanks.I'm looking for an antipsychotic that doesn't cause weight gain to replace olanzapine,which does unfortunately.

T

typicallypop

hi cameron.
thanks for replying to my post (laulipop) I was diagnosed about 3 weeks ago. my meds are going up slowly. currently on 300 mg slow release. see psych again 1st october.

I had the same experience. had a real bad manic episode and then swung in to the worst depression I have ever had and now I am in what I think is a mixed episode.

do you get much support from your family and friends.?
:)

J

jekel1

hi camron

at the moment im waiting to see my phcy doctor to assess me for in patient treatment, i have the crisis team round every day and my life at the mo is hell, i had a bad psychotic on Monday and ended up in a and e, since them my moods havent calmed down , yesterday i felt orgasmic and full o f ideas but now im in a nothing state , just dont feel any thing, i know ill be manic in the morning and depressed in the night, i would of killed my self if i had the tools.
i feel at the moment as if im not me i look at my body and see someone elses body and i feel as if the crisis team have planted mics in my home to see if im liying, i have a 24hr number i can call if things get bad. last nite was so bad i kept having arguments with see through people in my hall and seeing bugs with lights round them! i was told they werent there but i dont know. i see shadows darting about and hear whispers calling my names. and after all this i still cant go into hospital ! i feel calm/hypomanic right now looks like im up all nite again , hay! im here for you , i may be "mad" but im kind and helpful so if you wanna talk , .... good blessings xxxx:grouphug: :)

Last edited: