Calm box

A

angelflower

I would like to make myself a 'calm' box so that when my thoughts and emotions are getting the better of me I'll have something I can reach for easily to take my mind off things.

So far, I have handcream, and some little cube shapes made of clay (like marbles). I also have a fidget spinner (though that is currently living in my handbag).

I know I shall come up with some more things over time, but I just wondered if anyone out there has got any ideas?

S

Stormcloud

Hi angel, I remember when I was in therapy my therapist helped me do a box (I can't remember the name of it now) I put a favourite photograph, Favourite scent, Favourite chocolate and a cuddly toy. It did help me a little.

A

angelflower

Hi angel, I remember when I was in therapy my therapist helped me do a box (I can't remember the name of it now) I put a favourite photograph, Favourite scent, Favourite chocolate and a cuddly toy. It did help me a little.
Thanks for your reply Honeyflower. I appreciate it. I think having it all in one place is a good idea because you can reach straight for it, without having to make the effort of looking round your home trying to find something that might help. xxxx

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

I would like to make myself a 'calm' box so that when my thoughts and emotions are getting the better of me I'll have something I can reach for easily to take my mind off things.

So far, I have handcream, and some little cube shapes made of clay (like marbles). I also have a fidget spinner (though that is currently living in my handbag).

I know I shall come up with some more things over time, but I just wondered if anyone out there has got any ideas?

Hi,
What a great idea, I'm going to do a box.
Thanks so much.

A

angelflower

Hi,
What a great idea, I'm going to do a box.
Thanks so much.
You're very welcome Mayflower :) I still only have 2 things in mine at the moment, but been busy doing other things. I look forward to hearing what you put in yours. xxxx

Last edited: