• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Calling out to Yorkshire Folk, is there anybody still out there?!

CarpeDentum

CarpeDentum

Evening all, I'm new. I'm 29, female from Yorkshire.
Currently signed off work with Anxiety and Depression.
Never been signed off before. It doesn't sit well with me, time is just rolling on...
That being said I know full well that the time had come to stop and admit that actually no, I'm not coping too well.
Sick of it to be honest, feel like I've wasted a good portion of my life feeling like a coiled up mess or a pyjama wearing, carb loving mess.
Was diagnosed in 2009, on medication since, alongside having CBT and counselling at various intervals etc etc.
Just been started on Mirtazapine, and gradually coming off 150mg Sertraline, and I take propranolol now too, propanolololololol.

Anyhoo, that's just a little bit of keyboard diahorrea for you. Googled 'mental health forum last night and it brought me here!

So it would be great to hear from...well, anyone.
We're all battling eh!

Passionflower

Passionflower

Welcome to the forum :)

Sorry I am not from Yorkshire but just wanted to welcome you.

J

Jason Richards

Hello I'm sure your find a job. It seems really bad in Essex there's about one hundred people for every interview down here. Don't give up on trying to get a job. Good luck

CarpeDentum

CarpeDentum

Hello I'm sure your find a job. It seems really bad in Essex there's about one hundred people for every interview down here. Don't give up on trying to get a job. Good luck
Hi Jason, I have got a job, it's just the doctor has given me a sick note, so i'm signed off, but I know what you mean, up here it's not too great for job prospects. lots of people applying for certain jobs and then no one applying for others.

G

greytotoro

West Yorkshire here ����
I'm sorry to read that you're struggling a lot. I've been out of work since 2014 and it's hard to deal with �� The best thing I can recommend is a hobby you can do at home ��

F

Flapjack87

South Yorkshire here, i'm 29 as well. Moved about 4 months ago with my daughter to live with my boyfriend. I'm on a waiting list for CBT, and battling severe anxiety. Seems a contradiction that i'm a Complementary Therapist yet I can't do any of it to help myself haha! I'm always around for a chat :)

CarpeDentum

CarpeDentum

Hi all,

Nice to hear from you.
I'm due back at the doctors on the 12th, I am hoping to get back to work before the xmas holidays.
I have a telephone assessment booked in next Tuesday with the IAPT service, so I'm hoping
to access some face to face counselling or CBT, whatever they think will help.

I'm on day 2 of no Sertraline, as my doctor has changed my medication so I now have mirtazapine in the evening.

If anyone ever wants a chat, send me a message.
I'm not on here as much as I was at the beginning as I'm trying to build up the level of activity and productivity in a day but I check my emails regularly.

Hope you're all having a good day! Mine was a bit mixed yesterday, the smallest things seemed to through me off balance and get me stressed and down, which is why I'm hoping to get some additional support before going back to work, as I worry I'll be able to handle the everyday stresses of the job on top of having a class of 28 children.

(just scrolled up and realised I had written about the tablets already, ha! ah well)

Best wishes everyone x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NWiddi Yorkshire and the Humber 3