• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

buspar

jman82383

jman82383

Anyone tried buspar with Zoloft with any luck please share your stories

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Personally, no I haven't. But i'm bumping this in hopes that someone might see this thread who has been on both meds might reply.
If it helps anybody who's reading this thread, zoloft is known as sertaline in the uk.

D

dsp260

I know this is an old thread but I hope my comments can help someone. I used to be on Klonopin and I got severely addicted to it. I went through hellish withdrawals even with a slow tapering off of it. Now I'm on 60mg of Buspar and Cymbalta and I'm doing really well. The thing with Buspar is you have to be patient with it. It takes time to get in your system and the dose has to be gradually increased. It's not a quick-fix happy pill but if you can give it a few weeks it really does help, and it doesn't make you out of it like benzos can do.

D

dsp260

The thing I also meant to say is that - unfortunately - there is no easy fix. Sure, benzos work but they're highly addictive and it can be pure hell getting off them. Drugs like BusPar have helped me, along with Cymbalta and Abilify but a key factor that I ignored for many years is good therapy. But looking at the roots of my anxiety and depression in therapy, I've learned how to actually deal with life rather than try to hide behind the meds. I'm glad to say I'm now doing the best I've done in about 20 years, but it's not any one thing; it's a combination of the meds and the therapy that has worked for me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 0