• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Bursting with thoughts - therapy

A

aero89

I had a tendency to share all my thoughts and feelings with others. Instead I have been trying to hold onto it myself as therapist has encouraged me to in order to break these patterns. But i am bursting. Usually I see therapist weekly but its been a month break over Christmas. Before we ended for the break she told me my issues were "complex and severe" and that she believed that we would need to work together for another year. I see her privately so this means financial commitment. This has triggered me but I feel like I can only change with her help. It feels like I am partly being manipulated as I am choosing to withdraw from spaces where I overshare, i am trying to pull away from family as thy trigger me and I have turned down a job so that I can continue seeing therapist face to face rather than online.

Z

Zaz4

ACCOUNT CLOSED
If you're in the uk forget that everything is going online. Sadly that's the future of mental health in the uk. It's not right but to be fair when did the patient really matter. I'm talking NHS not private.

A

aero89

i know everything is going online. that sucks. i see private counsellor at the moment it is face to face but i expect that to change soon.

it is more this feeling of being manipulated being told my issues are "severe and complex". i know these thoughts are patterns of mine to think people have bad intentions towards me but my mind still thinks thy are true

A

Am33

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I been taught through my therapy its good to get emotions , feelings out not to hold them in . Emotions are energy in motion , I used shout therapy going to some place no one will hear and screaming what you feel inside from traumas . I've done automatic writing where you focus on a feeling and just start writing about just letting it flow not stopping till your done . You can journal on here what ever you feel like . Anytime though you feel a compulsion to do something know that's something you want to avoid going into that's ego based .

A

aero89

thanks @Am33 !

i didn't understand the last bit "Anytime though you feel a compulsion to do something know that's something you want to avoid going into that's ego based ". do you mean any time i want to do something i actually want to avoid, thats my ego talking?

HLon99

HLon99

The mind has no power over external events, only in its reactions to them. You should aim to temper your responses to be in line with reason and clarity, and not to look upon things with constantsuspicion and malintent. See things for what they are. Engage with your environment and adapt to it, but keep your thoughts to yourself and work to express them healthily with your therapist. Therapy is a process of gaining insight into yourself and the world around you and learning how to respond your thoughts, emotions appropriately. Ask yourself, are you happy living life the way that your have, or are there things which you can improve? Work the therapy, give it a shot.

A

Am33

ACCOUNT CLOSED
thanks @Am33 !

i didn't understand the last bit "Anytime though you feel a compulsion to do something know that's something you want to avoid going into that's ego based ". do you mean any time i want to do something i actually want to avoid, thats my ego talking?
When you have a thought to do something and the thought keeps coming up over and over .To where it keeps pulling on your attention like " I want to eat a gallon of ice cream " that's our ego talking the ego can never get enough of anything .Eckhart Tolle has good teachings on the ego You tube )