burnout

qwerty1234

qwerty1234

Burned out. I haven't been doing much except playing in bed analyzing my thoughts. Internally i feel much better doing this than I have been working, but I wish my energy and concentration would come back. I want a job, I want to work, I want to study.

P

Pairou

I know the feeling... I think I'm getting close to it myself. I'm hoping my Bipolar medication (I started something new today) will help.

I think I read in another post that you have a psychiatrist, is that true? Does your medication help?

qwerty1234

qwerty1234

Hi pairou, thank you so much for replying. And not just pat answers like some of my email friends... I feel bad bc it seems they are losing interest in what I have to say, whereas I am still interested as ever. Yes I have a psychiatrist, and the meds seemed to have helped a little. I am on a child's dose of abilify and 30mg cymbalta. The antidepressant cymbalta helped me a lot. Abilify is an antipsychotic for my schizoaffective disorder and I think it also works as a mood stabilizer. It also interacts to strengthen the antidepressant.

The effect is not quite as good as when I was taking it a few months ago though, earlier I was exercising and working more hours.

My emotional instability has calmed down a lot and it is less distracting when I have it , but I still feel cognitive burnout.

P

Pairou

Today (Sunday, I haven't slept yet, it's not quite 1am here and I got off work late) I began my first dose of Cymbalta. Abilify worked a little but it gave me an intense hunger and I can't stand the idea of gaining weight. I've gained a lot from meds and I'm struggling with my body image issues now that I'm more than 100lbs after two years of taking meds again (I stopped them for awhile. It was a bad time).

I've been on a lot of things. My body seems to build a tolerance until it stops working. Lamictal has lasted the longest, I've been on it twice and I'm still taking it, though we halved the dose to 100mg since it causes me to oversleep and be tired all the next day, along with the Geodon.

What time is it where you are?