• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bumped a car, scraped body paint

MissPink

MissPink

Today I used my mum's 4x4 and I found a space in this busy open outdoor car park, I started to drive into it and then this lady see's me, and says "ouch" I scraped this car's rear on the passengers side at the back, it needs a body repair. A girl photographed my car in the car park. I had no pen or paper I was panicking I rang my mum to tell her what had happened. I took a picture of the damage and then I went to another car park.

I would never do anything like this as I have had it happened to me years ago when a women bumped my car and drove off in front of me. Different thing but still yes this was immoral.

I haven't worked for at least 6 months, I don't have any money or any savings so I am totally broke from being ill last year. This year I am getting myself back on track and then this happens unexpected. It was a accident, the car park spaces are super tight. So anyway I go back to the car park to place a note on the person's car, there is another note from that women who took a picture of my car with my number plate. I took that note away and placed mine there instead. Then I thought I don't have any money what the fuck am I going to do?! my mum said it could cost a couple of hundred. I am insured but I am super tight on everything. I know it sounds selfish but I have to think of myself, I can't have another break down. I took my note away and left it. There is CCTV camera's there but I am sure they wont do anything? I forgot to take a picture of their number plate I can't believe I didn't do that!!

I would never do it again.

I have suffered from severe anxiety and fear and only recovering.

P

Purpleplum

I can tell you that if you don't do the right thing, the guilt can haunt you forever.

Unless you're a sociopath, in which case, you don't get feelings of guilt.

MissPink

MissPink

I can tell you that if you don't do the right thing, the guilt can haunt you forever.

Unless you're a sociopath, in which case, you don't get feelings of guilt.
I don't think I am a sociopath, but I don't feel guilty which is weird. I have suffered ptsd trauma from staking 10 years ago. I know its my fault but im not letting it get to me. I have no money i am totally broke

fazza

fazza

You were insured?
As regardless if you are broke or not this is the purpose for it.
Yes your premium will go up next year but at least the other person would be able to have their car repaired without cost to them and you wouldn't be now living with this guilt and anxiety over being spotted having an accident.

It's easy to panic when we have a bump but the reality is if you run away and have been spotted then the ramifications of a tiny incident is magnified to a point where you could now be charged with leaving the scene of an accident.

In court using the defence of "I'm totally broke will not really do you any good"

You state you were insured and hopefully you will do the right thing.

MissPink

MissPink

I spoke to someone and they said it wont go further.

I have no anxiety, get over it as I have done now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
midnightphoenix Driving and Mental Health 24
midnightphoenix Driving and Mental Health 10