• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Bullying

V

Vegan_veggie

I used to be fairly unaware when people began to bully me. I could just never guess because I thought my parents loved me loads and I had a really nice life so if anyone said anything it never really hurt because I had my parents and lovely home to think about. Since they divorced though and they met other partners their partners began to bully me and look down on me with a smug look on their faces as if the devil had won and peace on earth was no longer. At first I thought my parents would work it out and that they would get back together and everything would go back to being fine again. Except it didn’t and the bullying got worse from people who I thought were good trustworthy friends and from my parents and their partners. The whole worlds and their dogs were against me. I still don’t know how to turn this around.

K

karl7

i got bullied badly mtself at high school, so i know how tough it can be....

.by the way WELCOME to the forums

V

Vegan_veggie

Ho
i got bullied badly mtself at high school, so i know how tough it can be....

.by the way WELCOME to the forums
how long ago was that? Have you recovered?

K

karl7

i was bullied at high school from13 to 18.....that was back in the early 90's.......but then i waas unlucky to get bullied by an adult bully from age 16 to 24....i hated that guy so much....he was manipulative and cunning.....i lost all my friends bacause of him (reason being he was afriend of the group of friends that i had) as i said i hated his guts and i had murderous thought regarding him......luckily i started seeing a psychiatrist at 22, therapy saved me......i learned to forget about him, i no longer hung around with that group o ffriends, i had to leave that circle......the hatred went away, i healed.

The fact i lost all my friends waas a problem but now looking back i would have advised myself to join a mental health club, these are place where mentally ill people can go to participate in activities such as art crative writing , group therapy or health management to name but a few or else you can just drop in for a coffee....look in to it, it wsas alife changer for me....having any type of mental illness would qualify you for membership.

V

Vegan_veggie

Th
i was bullied at high school from13 to 18.....that was back in the early 90's.......but then i waas unlucky to get bullied by an adult bully from age 16 to 24....i hated that guy so much....he was manipulative and cunning.....i lost all my friends bacause of him (reason being he was afriend of the group of friends that i had) as i said i hated his guts and i had murderous thought regarding him......luckily i started seeing a psychiatrist at 22, therapy saved me......i learned to forget about him, i no longer hung around with that group o ffriends, i had to leave that circle......the hatred went away, i healed.

The fact i lost all my friends waas a problem but now looking back i would have advised myself to join a mental health club, these are place where mentally ill people can go to participate in activities such as art crative writing , group therapy or health management to name but a few or else you can just drop in for a coffee....look in to it, it wsas alife changer for me....having any type of mental illness would qualify you for membership.
theres nothing going on here at the moment because of covid. Anyway I just feel like I don’t fit anywhere.

C

candycane

I used to be fairly unaware when people began to bully me. I could just never guess because I thought my parents loved me loads and I had a really nice life so if anyone said anything it never really hurt because I had my parents and lovely home to think about. Since they divorced though and they met other partners their partners began to bully me and look down on me with a smug look on their faces as if the devil had won and peace on earth was no longer. At first I thought my parents would work it out and that they would get back together and everything would go back to being fine again. Except it didn’t and the bullying got worse from people who I thought were good trustworthy friends and from my parents and their partners. The whole worlds and their dogs were against me. I still don’t know how to turn this around.
Sorry to here this.

C

candycane

Sorry to here this

Twinkle Toes

Twinkle Toes

I got bullied throughout school for being different. It resulted in a phobia of speaking for years or been unable to be myself at all (I dissociated and created alters). I was in my 40's before I really understood why I'd had so many 'different versions of me' throughout my life!

whyme88

whyme88

I know how you feel, I am in the exact same situation.
I try my best to be nice to everyone but they just take advantage of me and bully me.
It really sucks.

Empish

Empish

I know how you feel, I am in the exact same situation.
I try my best to be nice to everyone but they just take advantage of me and bully me.
It really sucks.
It's not your fault. There are lots of horrible people in the world. Enjoy your own nice company.

zula77

zula77

It's not your fault. There are lots of horrible people in the world. Enjoy your own nice company.
Exactly, the most important thing is that we are kind to ourselves...this is more powerful than the opinions of other people, especially people who are unkind. It's so hard to deal with bullying. I found avoidance worked best. Surround yourself with people who are kind. There are people who appreciate us for who we are and they are the ones who matter

S

strawberrywater

I dealt with some bullying in school, mostly girl drama, but one day I found a note my friends had passed around that said "I don't really like (my name) Do you?" That was in 4th grade maybe, but around 20 years ago now. That really shattered me to know that these people who I thought were my friends, actually didn't like me.

Right now, I assume you're young, you are experiencing a very microscopic piece of the world. Your situation sounds similar to mine - it seems like everyone is against me or doesn't like me. Well, people like us just haven't found our place yet. These people do not share the same values as you do, but there are others who do. And who will. You will meet them, I promise.

You have done nothing wrong. In fact, many bullies pick on others because they're jealous. I was an easy target of girls' drama because I didn't show emotions, and I was a challenge for them. They wanted to see me react and get upset, but I didn't, except once. I exploded in anger and screamed at them in the hallway after I passed them and they whispered an explicit name at me - and all they did was laugh at me and call me crazy. But when I didn't react, they were just angry and miserable.

Bullies want a reaction and maybe you don't give them that - and that's the best thing you can do. It bothers them. Keep doing whatever you're doing.

You are a good person and you deserve to have good people in your life. You will find them. As you get older, travel and meet other people, even if it's just in another city close by or another country across the world. Remember you're not alone, and things will get better. Nothing is your fault, I promise. Good things will happen in your life😀

whyme88

whyme88

Thanks all for the support. It’s hard enough for me to navigate friendships due to my condition, it can be very draining mentally.
In a way lockdown is a blessing to me. I have time to reflect and isolate myself from the anxiety.