• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Bullying in the work place

S

sci31A

I have been copping it of the bad people I work with constant bullying, but I'm not the only one either.:nod1:

The bad people who have worked with the company for far too long constantly being unprofessional. (n)Putting it simply they are threatened by the company changing and people who are educated and they are too used to being complacent and getting their way.

Bullying of new staff, intentional sabotage or intentionally being unhelpful or miss-directing etc...

Appalling behaviour that is just uncalled for.

My boss and his colleague are coping it, I'm coping it and a number of other people too. Essentially all the new people that have been tasked with improving the systems and making the place more efficient.

The main boss seems to look the other way half the time and lets these people get away with what they do. Thing is these people are easily replaceable if you were to sack them on the spot as the work they so is easy you could employee a five year old to replace them or better yet train a monkey a five year old might get board. :meanie:

N

Nighthawk43

Don't let these people get to you, and if you and the others are struggling to cope with these bad people why don't you all get together and have a meeting with the main boss, maybe 1 person complaining won't make the main boss take notice, but maybe a group of you 3-4 people complaining at same time might have a better effect, or it maybe just simply the old guard have been there too long and it might be too costly for your main boss to sack them all at same time.

Whatever happens keep your chin up and don't let these bullies affect you or your quality of work, maybe the bullies feel threatened by the new workers, and this is their way of protecting their jobs by bullying so the new workers will leave.

M

Mad_Dog

does your work have a HR department? if so speak to them. or phone acas - which is a work advice helpline. I had problems with my workplace and manager bulling me and they sorted it all out and now i really enjoy working there. Hope it gets sorted out quickly x

S

sci31A

Yeah, a number of us complained about certain individuals, these individuals are now not as troublesome.

It's not a nice place to work.

The bosses blame the employers for all of their mistakes, the horrible production staff are constantly belittling everything the new guys do in engineering. Completely separate departments we repair and design things, they merely assemble them from hand written notes as the documentation in the place is a joke. Every document they could get wrong is wrong. Etc...

A lot of the production staff have been doing the same job for over 12-20 years day in day out repetition, the moment you start working repairing the product they have been assembling day in day out for the last 12-20years they get hypercritically malicious. And yet if you were to give the product to them to repair they wouldn't have a clue.

Every day is the same bosses blaming the employee for their mistakes and constant malicious production staff who try and fail to belittle everything you do from one production department to the next. Each production dept. assemble different product lines etc...