• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Bullying for own good?

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
it could be something like if you are over/underweight and someone keeps on at you to lose or gain weight.

Maybe your family doesn't like something about you whether it is about you yourself or about a view you have.

I have spoken before about the fact that I have a toxic mother who likes to remind me how fat I am to try and help me lose weight and be the daughter she wants me to be. She says that it is for my own good but in fact she is helping my already low self esteem get even lower every time she says something. That is only one example of how she tries to fix me to be her perfect daughter.

Last edited by a moderator:
keepsafe

keepsafe

Yes, yes and yes. A lot of the time Marls.

My mother goes on at me, My father sexually abused me - it was all for my own good.

For my own good, I am now going to go out and seek someone to hurt me.

keepsafe

keepsafe

I hope you don;t do anything rash either.

I am at tipping point.

xxxxxx

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm fine :D

I know you are hun, you know that if I could come over to yours and hug you in real life then I would.

xxxxxxx

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I think it is everywhere this type of bullying. A lot of it is to do with eating and exercise. But it takes all form.

People don't seem to know when they are acting like mini nazis.

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

Some cases in the past with me where bullies behaviour was because they didn’t approve of my approach to life or the way I looked. Too often the “general public” think bullying is all about physical violence but verbal abuse is equally as vile.
The other level is the way that folks think they are trying to help so will nag if I avoid doing a particular task because I am over anxious. Might only be minor action in the overall bullying league but it is still bliddy horrible.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Some cases in the past with me where bullies behaviour was because they didn’t approve of my approach to life or the way I looked. Too often the “general public” think bullying is all about physical violence but verbal abuse is equally as vile.
The other level is the way that folks think they are trying to help so will nag if I avoid doing a particular task because I am over anxious. Might only be minor action in the overall bullying league but it is still bliddy horrible.
The first paragraph is totally true, I wish there was more awareness about the fact it isn't just physical bullying (not playing physical bullying down at all)

The second paragraph is also true. For me it's making a phone call or sitting somewhere where I don't have space by me, so I can't sit in a middle of a row for example. It's actually the only thing my mum actually understands.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

This sort of thing dicks me off, big time.

People think they're being so righteous and so caring by pointing out weight issues, but research shows fat shaming doesn't work and makes people more likely to gain weight than lose it.

The thing is, if someone tells you something have is worthless, it's quite a high probability that you're not going to look after it.

My Mum has struggled with weight issues, so in the immediate family (apart from my **** brother) I don't ever get these kinds of comments.

I have however had the joy of someone pointing this out to me in a large group of about 12 women because they were "so concerned" about me.
You know what that made me want to do? Go home and eat a fuck load of chocolate to comfort myself.

Oh and I did get told by my Grandparents that they'd pay for me to go to a Fat Camp.. hmm.. my Grandfather was probably disappointed that i'd stopped looking like a little girl. Fucking paedo.

L

LeeMarie

Lots of bad things can come from weight-bullying. Eating disorders can be developed - binge, bulimia, anorexia.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have asked for this thread to be deleted as my first post has been unfairly moderated so i will ask that you no longer comment on this thread and after nearly 12 hours since I asked for it to be put back or deleted nothing has been done.

I have even given another version of the post to be inserted.

Thank you very much.

Last edited: