• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

bullies

megirl

megirl

Life was a bugger I got bullied at school and at home
So at school I didn't want to be there and I didn't want to go home either.
School was the least of two evils.
In my head at least I knew I would never be like them
My mother and my brothers..linking at my mother what gave mW a lot of strength and power was I thought 'I WILL NEVER EVER BE LIKE YOU!!!
that gave me some kind of goal to strive for
I think if I lowered myself to her standard I would be dead by now
No I rose above it

Ramson mash

Ramson mash

Bullies are opportunists and without a doubt will prey on those who they think will show the least resistance. By this logic the best method do deal with bullies is to punch them in the face.
Violence solves nothing eh? Well you are wrong....

Ramson mash

Ramson mash

What if you cant do that Ramson? Then try to feel sorry for yourself and hope that empathy will save you, the victim. Good luck with your endurance and keeping your shit together whilst taking daily abuse.
I still say punch them in the face...

megirl

megirl

Well my mother used to hit me I never even botherd shoving her be awesome to go around hit her in the face,
Except she would get all the sympathy in the world grr..don't get me started

Z

Zoe1

in my younger days I slipped sometimes
into fighting back
but if its a long term thing going on
I found I had to stop fighting back
in order to rise out of the situation

because if its investigated by social workers
they expect you to be accountable for your side of the fights
and they cant always tell ' who started it '
if you are regularly fighting someone

it depends

like if someone is attacked in the street
by a total stranger
then it might be a good idea to fight back

again it depends
I was pursued in the next city once
by someone dead creepy , well two different occasions actually
and my instinct with those people
was to chat to them until I reached a bus or a safe place
where I could lose them

B

burn-it-down

I've been bullied a lot in middle school by my own "best friends" at the time. Silly story, it all began because of a girl.

It started with my classmates making fun of me in every existing way mostly about my appearence and physical state (i was skinny at that time) and ended with a whole school including the staff bullying me within 8 months only, i was both physically and mentally abused everyday and had to hide in the WC to have some times alone. Had to go to another establishment.

I've had chronical depression from that, it took me 4 years to finally be able to develop "normal" relationships with people around me.

Sadly the scars are still deep and not completely healed, i struggle a lot with BPD, PTSD, paranoid disorder (and maybe depression who knows). I had to deal (and still do) with this all by myself.

I can understand how bullies affect your future and life, but the positive part is that it makes you a better, stronger, and tougher person.
No one's more badass than you, believe me.

Shasta_Dan

How can you move past nasty things bullies did in the past?

For example at school there was a gang of other kids who used to come after me, two boys was the ringleaders and i remember one time i wanted to be left alone and they got a huge group of others to help them chase me and corner me, which means i cannot deal with feeling trapped, plus i felt trapped with abusive ex which has cemented my fear of being trapped by anyone :sorry:

and one of the bullies came up to me after school one day and decided to hit and shove me and i remmeber he kicked me as well and i had done exactly nothing :cry:

i've been ostracised in my school years, had people promise to be there for me friends forever kinda thing then as soon as i come to bullies attention they disappeared so as not to have the bullies after them as well :sorry:
Bullies sure are evil. I was bullied by a gang in 8th grade who called themselves "The Spades" and they called me weird over and over again and said they were going to beat me up. They made me feel like a freak. The trauma of 8th grade has affected me all of my life and on top of it I was batter child as my father use to roar at me like King Kong and beat me with a belt. I've been through hell but somehow I'm 66 and still alive and trying to function. But memories of 8th grades still hurt me and the 11 members of the gang appear in nightmares. I did turn in a report to the principal on who the bullies were and who they were bullying and 2 of the bullies were sent to reform school. Most of the bullies were D and F students. I was a straight A student.

A

aisha23

I get bullied on an almost daily bases

because of my complex issues, going out can be tricky, and sometimes (a lot of the time) can end in outrage, because either I get stared at for my weird issues, or my carer will get told she's not caring for me properly and get comments thrown at her too

Z

Zoe1

thats really impressive Shasta

well done for getting the bullies reported
do you like Oasis ?
they were bullied as kids too

maybe you can do more writing about it
with a view to getting published

:grouphug: :goodluck:

Z

Zoe1

Aisha thats terrible

I have not heard about the carer getting bullied as well
now I think of it they would do
if they are sticking up for someone
maybe you can contact your mp about it
to raise awareness

:grouphug::goodluck:

D

Duality

I'd like to think that karma catches up with them eventually. In primary school I was continually harassed by three older boys. It really impacted my nerves. Then, when I joined the first year of high school I bumped into the same idiots again. Although I think it was just two of them... The mind boggles why they thought it was still funny after all those years.

Four years ago this month, I read in the newspaper that one of the bullies was arrested as part of a big, police drug operation. He's currently in jail for nearly six years.

Four years ago this month, I was front row at a Dua Lipa concert on her first UK tour. I took a couple of pics and her Dad liked one of them on Instagram. I also DMed her the pics and a quick message. She replied with a kind message and that made my day.

As Conan O'Brien once said: 'work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.'

Z

Zoe1

yes alot of great music is about being bullied
ive tried making some myself
and I have alot of subscribers now
not famous level, but enough to feel proud of
that I'm winning now !

Duggie

Duggie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
How can you move past nasty things bullies did in the past?

For example at school there was a gang of other kids who used to come after me, two boys was the ringleaders and i remember one time i wanted to be left alone and they got a huge group of others to help them chase me and corner me, which means i cannot deal with feeling trapped, plus i felt trapped with abusive ex which has cemented my fear of being trapped by anyone :sorry:

and one of the bullies came up to me after school one day and decided to hit and shove me and i remmeber he kicked me as well and i had done exactly nothing :cry:

i've been ostracised in my school years, had people promise to be there for me friends forever kinda thing then as soon as i come to bullies attention they disappeared so as not to have the bullies after them as well :sorry:
My high school Edenham was full of weird teachers one went out ( dead) shrink-wrapped like a sandwich having committed suicide.

Last edited by a moderator: