• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

bullies

trinny

trinny

Bullies need to be called just that bullies bullies bullies repeatedly well in my case they backed off always worth a try its not on no matter how bad you feel you are a human being with rights and dont deserve this treatment stay strong your no ones whipping boy.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

My older brother bullies me. He told me I should go running. Even if I was well, I am too big to go running. Yeah I could sprint for 10 seconds, but not for 2 hours. I think I am smarter than him, so I don't let it worry me too much.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I agree - it does need to be named.
People are very unwilling to accept when they're bullying, because to some individuals, they don't see their behaviour is 'wrong'... but ultimately I think it's important to name it and make people aware of just how you feel.

Jimny

Jimny

I have experienced bullying in one form or another all my life. As a guy growing up in a bit of a rough area bullying was inevitable in some ways.
None of that bullying seemed to prepare me for later life when someone you are emotionally invested in starts bullying, the stealth bullying 'I was only joking, you are too sensitive' or 'just kidding' is just as damaging if repeated often enough and is no excuse. Stockholm syndrome is also something I have experienced, this was very difficult for me to understand. I lied to my family and would hide the truth of my situation.
In the future I will try to ensure that I nip the tiny digs in the bud knowing full well how they can develop.
Strangley when out amongst friends we call it 'banter' and find it easy enough to deal with.