• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Bulimic or Not?

G

greatfulmomoftwo

I have struggled with my weight since early childhood. I resorted to purging and restrictions in my college yrs. I will purge daily for several days to even a few months but can then stop for a few months as well. I mainly resort to this when stress levels are high or I feel defeated. It provides a release of emotions for me. I have been sent to the Emergency Room on several occasions for dehydration. Is this a sign of bulimia or is it something else?

G

greatfulmomoftwo

Thank you so much...I read this page last night and unfortunately I think I am. I was hoping to hear it be said that I wasnt. :(

amathus

amathus

Maybe the beat support section would be useful to you, now you feel that you have recognized bulimia in yourself? Also have a browse through our Eating Disorders section, if you haven't already done so. :)

G

greatfulmomoftwo

Where do I find this section on the forum?

G

greatfulmomoftwo

Wonderful...I feel like I have so many issues to deal with that I don't know where to begin. I am working on the borderline behaviors too so not sure where to focus my attention first.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Wonderful...I feel like I have so many issues to deal with that I don't know where to begin. I am working on the borderline behaviors too so not sure where to focus my attention first.
It can feel very overwhelming, can't it? :hug1:
There are so many layers and it's a long journey ahead.
Just focus on little steps - you'll probably find that working on yourself in one area will have a positive knock-on effect in other areas. x

G

greatfulmomoftwo

Your most likely right....I get impatient with myself and want to be healed yesterday but it takes time. Thank you for your support....it means so much to have someone understand me....finally!!