• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

bulimia question

C

catlover101

Alright, I have struggled with bulimia for about 12 years now, I get a little better and then I fall again. My husband and I are looking to buy a new house and I am nervous because I still purge once in a while and the house we are looking at has a septic system. I have never lived anywhere with a septic system before and I am afraid my bulimia would cause huge problems. Does anyone know if it can? Has anyone ever lived in a home with a septic system and struggled with bulimia? Most of the houses in the country have septic systems, and we want to live in the country. Should we not consider buying a house until I recover? I'm afraid I never will =(

N

Nicola398

Hello catlover :welcome:

I am sorry to hear of your struggle with bulimia.I am going to start going to ED support group for my overeating.I am sorry no, I have not lived in a house with a septic system.I am not even sure I know what that is?I do know you can most definitely recover from bulimia,however long you have had it,there are many example of famous people that have.I would like to mention the following book to you that has helped a lot for self esteem and dealing with that negative voice that those of us with an ED have to deal with in our minds.
The Deadly Diet: Recovering from Anorexia and Bulimia: Amazon.co.uk: Terence J. Sandbeck: Books

I don't think you have to put off buying a house until you recover,live your life now,there is no reason to put it on hold!I wish you a speedy recovery, are you getting professional help and counselling?That is a good idea and may speed up your recovery?It isn't a race though,it does take time and you will get well again,I am sure!